Poll: Are you sticking with 5.0?

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

JimMariner is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.328
    I am going to stick with it. I like alot of the new features. It will serve my needs just fine. So far, and it's been 2 days now, it has been working flawlessly. SO FAR !!! :P

Crimsonking is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow Crimsonking On Twitter
    PIN
    305B5053
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    I too had issues with the notifications on emails...but i went into the individual account profiles - found that the settings for ring In/out of holster or always were all screwed up...also, many of the volume levels were down to 1. After going thru that, I have no notification issues.
    Also switched back to stock Zen theme.

I cant decide if I am going to keep it or not. Last Hybrid I tried bricked the phone on me (my fault without a doubt...) so I am a tad gunshy. Altho with the link to 151 earlier in this thread, i may try it this weekend.

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonking View Post
    I too had issues with the notifications on emails...but i went into the individual account profiles - found that the settings for ring In/out of holster or always were all screwed up...also, many of the volume levels were down to 1. After going thru that, I have no notification issues.
    Also switched back to stock Zen theme.

I cant decide if I am going to keep it or not. Last Hybrid I tried bricked the phone on me (my fault without a doubt...) so I am a tad gunshy. Altho with the link to 151 earlier in this thread, i may try it this weekend.
    Welcome to BlackberryOS. To tell you the truth, the more you brick and recover your phone, the more confident you get. I could care less about bricking my phone now knowing it can be recovered if I have a little bit of patience.

TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    I think I may be going back to V7.1 today. I really like how FAST the phone is with 5.0. But the biggest issues for me are: battery doesn't last nearly as long, FB is gone (I never realized how much I used it till now, but I dont like using it on the computer ether), random glitches such as screen freezing - requiring a batt pull..

Does anyone know if BBM 5.0 is downloadable again? I heard RIM made everyone take their links down... Thats the other thing is I dont wanna lose BBM 5.0...

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    I think I may be going back to V7.1 today. I really like how FAST the phone is with 5.0. But the biggest issues for me are: battery doesn't last nearly as long, FB is gone (I never realized how much I used it till now, but I dont like using it on the computer ether), random glitches such as screen freezing - requiring a batt pull..

Does anyone know if BBM 5.0 is downloadable again? I heard RIM made everyone take their links down... Thats the other thing is I dont wanna lose BBM 5.0...
    No BBM 5 has been taken down. However, if you back up your phone, BBM is saved as an application should you should be able to restore that from there.

berryuser is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Motorola Razr2
    for people who don't use 3rd party apps that much, or at all, 5.0 is good. It's nice to see where RIM is taking the storm's OS and hopefully it will be ready for primetime. Not undermining the many glitches but it's a start.

Also as other people mentioned, the memory stability on this build is great.
    Last edited by berryuser; 07-25-2009 at 11:25 AM.

soupmeister is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    Caution
    Device
    9530 on BELL Canada
    OS
    leaked .591 & Lyricidal's .758 V2 Hybrid
    I'm liking it. A couple of my apps don't work but all in all I like this OS. Browser is fast and so is the camera. Signal is strong and the battery life is good. I think that RIM is trying to take it down because it's as close to gold as they have been. Once BBC finishes tweaking it (legally of course) then it should be spectacular.:cool2:

tnhwyman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow tnhwyman On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Need my apps. pdf to go was #1 reason. One other problem I had right off the bat, was setting my bb alarm. The only way I could change the hours, was to scroll forever through the minutes box... sort of like using the old wrist watch to go back in time one minute at a time lol. For now it's 151 and BBM 5.0 for me.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast