send2steph is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow send2steph On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric's .509 hybrid
    Liked
    3 times

Will they replace it? Advice?

I have my original Storm that I was given at Christmas. I use it "naked" and since it's more than seven months old it has it's fair share of case scratches and what not.

For a very long time, it has had what I can only describe as a "bright spot" in the screen. It didn't really bug me, so I lived with it. Well, it's starting to bug me.

Do you think they would replace this for me for free? I don't even know what kind of warranty they have... If they would (on an unscratched phone), does having the scratches mean they are less likely to now?

Also, if I do take it in, do I need to downgrade to stock .148 first?

Thanks,
    --Steph--

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Steph you should have any issue on replacement you have a one year warranty on the phone. The only concern that I would have are the scratches bad? Could Verizon say the "bright spot" is from the? Or is it just normal use scuffs

send2steph is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow send2steph On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric's .509 hybrid
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks Bryan.

I'm a "user" of my equipment, cars, house, etc... I do not polish and shine things. So, my definition of "usual wear and tear" is probably more used than most people's - but I don't think any of the scratches are too bad.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Do they give you a new one right there, or do they mail it to you? (I know - I was lucky to never have had to do this before now with the Storm. LOL such a noob!)

I do think I'll wipe and then install the defaults back onto the phone before I take it in though.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by send2steph View Post
    Thanks Bryan.

I'm a "user" of my equipment, cars, house, etc... I do not polish and shine things. So, my definition of "usual wear and tear" is probably more used than most people's - but I don't think any of the scratches are too bad.

Do they give you a new one right there, or do they mail it to you? (I know - I was lucky to never have had to do this before now with the Storm. LOL such a noob!)

I do think I'll wipe and then install the defaults back onto the phone before I take it in though.
    Steph, you can either call 611 from your phone and they will send you a replacement or you can go into a local store and they will troubleshoot....if they are not able to fix the issue, they will replace it. Make sure you back up all your info and 3rd party apps.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by send2steph View Post
    Thanks Bryan.

yes reset the phone to default as well as the .148 OS

They have always shipped mine to me whether they are new or refurbs

I never go into the store I just call 611 and do it.