Thread: Any Tmobile users with a storm?

OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Liked
    0 times

Any Tmobile users with a storm?

My issue is when I click 'manage internet email', the browser tries to go into a verizon website. How can I change that so that it goes to my tmobile accounts. Also, as soon as it tries to go to verizon my EDGE goes to edge. Any advice would be appreciated.

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

I personally don't use my Storm on T-Mobile. I do know there are a few users on this site that do. I will try to track some advice down for you.

Also, what OS is on the phone and have you wiped it clean since you've had it?
    Last edited by Rellims; 07-22-2009 at 07:41 AM.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks.
    Yes, I've wiped it. Installed a clean 151 OS and then OOAKDPC v7.09 over it.

bigdaddy2009 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you remove Vender.xml file if it was VZW os? and you change APN settings to wap.voicestream.com instead of like vzw3ge........i ask cuz i just set my buddies up yesterday on TMO. Also, did you do the steps to add TMO service books. Also use .90 radio or .109. seem to be the best radio's for GSM and EDGE
    Last edited by bigdaddy2009; 07-22-2009 at 08:25 AM.

Sn05py is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    My issue is when I click 'manage internet email', the browser tries to go into a verizon website. How can I change that so that it goes to my tmobile accounts. Also, as soon as it tries to go to verizon my EDGE goes to edge. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I have only been able to manage my email accounts by going through t-mobile's website. I am currently managing 4 storms in my office, only one of which actually shows the start page to enter an email account to set up...however, just like the other phones (and yours, evidently) I get a connection error when trying to add or modify.

As for the browser, make sure that you have it set-up so that Internet explorer is the default and not the t-mobile browser (I have lots of problems with the t-mobile browser crashing the connection). Although, even this is not a guarantee that it wont have problems connecting.

I am using .151 with no modifications and feel that this is the best yet... not perfect...but the best so far.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy2009 View Post
    Did you remove Vender.xml file if it was VZW os? and you change APN settings to wap.voicestream.com instead of like vzw3ge........i ask cuz i just set my buddies up yesterday on TMO. Also, did you do the steps to add TMO service books. Also use .90 radio or .109. seem to be the best radio's for GSM and EDGE
    I did resend books, also transfered them over from my backup. Transferred over my browser settings, etc. And that verizon page still pops up when I click 'manage internet email'. My browser on the other hand is working great even without anything under APN settings.