Weird screen problem--Storm screen doesn't recognize touch???
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Weird screen problem--Storm screen doesn't recognize touch???

  1. #1
    erneberry's Avatar
    erneberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    panama
    PIN
    ; )
    Device
    9790
    OS
    7.1.0.247
    Posts
    126
    Liked
    0 times

    Weird screen problem--Storm screen doesn't recognize touch???

    hi i have a 9500 storm and now sometimes the screen doesnt recognize my fingers i need to do a battery pull or i touch one letter and highlight another letter should i need to replace the screen ???




  2. #2
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by erneberry View Post
    hi i have a 9500 storm and now sometimes the screen doesnt recognize my fingers i need to do a battery pull or i touch one letter and highlight another letter should i need to replace the screen ???
    So when you press down on the screen nothing registers? It does sound like a hardware issue. Couldn't hurt to have it replaced.

  3. #3
    erneberry's Avatar
    erneberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    panama
    PIN
    ; )
    Device
    9790
    OS
    7.1.0.247
    Posts
    126
    Liked
    0 times
    i used to have the bussines card for batery cover maybe that damaged something .
    but this screen issue just happens sometimes
    its very wierd and in the page they have 2 types os screen for storm i dont know which one is the one for me

    cnn.cn
    any ideas ???

  4. #4
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by erneberry View Post
    i used to have the bussines card for batery cover maybe that damaged something .
    but this screen issue just happens sometimes
    its very wierd and in the page they have 2 types os screen for storm i dont know which one is the one for me

    cnn.cn
    any ideas ???
    Have you tried the torx fix?

  5. #5
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by erneberry View Post
    i used to have the bussines card for batery cover maybe that damaged something .
    but this screen issue just happens sometimes
    its very wierd and in the page they have 2 types os screen for storm i dont know which one is the one for me

    cnn.cn
    any ideas ???
    The business card should not have damaged anything. I have been using since November and all is fine. If the issue persists or gets worse you should have it replaced as it sounds like a hardware issue.

  6. #6
    erneberry's Avatar
    erneberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    panama
    PIN
    ; )
    Device
    9790
    OS
    7.1.0.247
    Posts
    126
    Liked
    0 times
    should i loose or tight the torx?

  7. #7
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by erneberry View Post
    should i loose or tight the torx?
    Loosen.

  8. #8
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    The business card should not have damaged anything. I have been using since November and all is fine. If the issue persists or gets worse you should have it replaced as it sounds like a hardware issue.
    I agree with Josh.....I have had my last storm for quite a while and screen click been perfect out of the box and still is with no fixes....so if yours is acting up, I would definitely get it replaced.

  9. #9
    erneberry's Avatar
    erneberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    panama
    PIN
    ; )
    Device
    9790
    OS
    7.1.0.247
    Posts
    126
    Liked
    0 times
    i boughted from someone long time ago

  10. #10
    erneberry's Avatar
    erneberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    panama
    PIN
    ; )
    Device
    9790
    OS
    7.1.0.247
    Posts
    126
    Liked
    0 times
    i just loose half and its doing well i will try it to see what happens thanks

  11. #11
    erneberry's Avatar
    erneberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    panama
    PIN
    ; )
    Device
    9790
    OS
    7.1.0.247
    Posts
    126
    Liked
    0 times
    now the screen click feels better

  12. #12
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by erneberry View Post
    i just loose half and its doing well i will try it to see what happens thanks
    Ok, keep us posted...if you bought it from someone, then your best bet would be to try all possible fixes.

  13. #13
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by erneberry View Post
    i just loose half and its doing well i will try it to see what happens thanks
    Good to hear. Just loosen it a little bit at a time until you find the right setting for you. This should solve your problem.

  14. #14
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Good to hear. Just loosen it a little bit at a time until you find the right setting for you. This should solve your problem.
    also if you use a pencil, you can mark the screw so you know how many turns you made.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •