Dead Storm, replacement coming Wednesday
I have been enjoying all of the latest builds, hybrids leaks and new Desktop Managers, maybe too much so. Yesterday I kept running into errors with DM 188.8.131.52 and then again with DM 184.108.40.206. I was getting errors when trying to synchronize my PIM data and then came my ongoing wiping of the Storm with the BBSAK and uploading the latest build from the top four Hybrid builders.
Unfortunately my phone has suffered a lobotomy or hybrid overload, or Desktop Manager mania. Regardless of what happened here is what I cannot do. I have error 507 which tells you to install the OS via the loader app. Normal when wiping the phone. Problem is I keep running into an error telling me the software on my desktop is not compatible. The software in question is 220.127.116.11 from Verizon. I tried the 18.104.22.168 same problem, I tried all of the latest builds as of last night using 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199as the base before hybrid.
I talked hone: with a very helpful L2 support rep at the Big Red and I will have a replacement on Wednesday. She also confirmed that I should stick with DM4.7 even though I can d/l it, there are reports of Tour owners running into issues (explains the 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 updates) on Verizon. Verizon support is working with RIM to solve the issue.
So while I have the time before my replacement arrives any suggestions from the crowd?:aargh4:
Sorry to hear you have to wait for a replacement.
I Advise You, Remove All Installed BB OS software from control panel, then go to the program files>common files> research in motion and delete The "shared" folder To Completely remove any Of the hybrid files Left. and Then Install .151 Start up and use Apploader.. i don't recommend using a hybrid BECAUSE .151 is by far the most stable OS Ever. It Kicks Ass! try it ".151" out you love your storm now that you don't need a hybrid, Good Will
Last edited by punisher135; 07-21-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Reason: Forgot A Word
I did all of that and then finally just restored my Sony VAIO laptop from the ground up. Of course he is the funny part, the phone arrives with 220.127.116.11 and honestly it runs as quickly as any hybrid I ran. I did the shrink so I got it down to 53.4MB of free space, then of course 5.0 hit the fit and I was like I got to have that. . . but sanity reined in to make me say, I will run DM 4.7 with OS 18.104.22.168 (shrinked of course) and call it a day. I really cannot afford to mess up my storm right now.
I will of course monitor the OS 5.0 thread and see how it proceeds and Storm 2 has to be around the corner. I hope so at least.
If it runs well and you are happy with the performance I wouldn't mess with it.
Thanks sunkast. Its not about the end game its all about the chase that makes it worthwhile. Performance wise I booted up with 58MB even with 22.214.171.124 so for now I am willing to not push my luck given we must be getting closer to the next step of either 5.0 and/or the Storm 2. Personally I think Storm 2 will be out late October, with OS 5.0 around the holidays or right after the new year.
Its funny how people say the storm 2 is nothing major in upgrades, when neither is the iPhone yet millions of them were sold in the first week. Of course there is no counting for taste in the iPhone community.
To me its not about revolution its about evolution. I will gladly take the next gen storm with 145+MB, 1.8GB internal storage, 16GB card (mine) better screen/button integration and better overall design. If others don't want to buy it they should just move on and look for the chinese knockoffs they were looking for in the first place.
Tags for this Thread