My personal Storm story

Thread: My personal Storm story

B Jorje is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS

My personal Storm story

I hope I'm posting this in the right place...
    This last month has been a really great month for me in terms of my phone. I don't know if any others have felt like this about a phone, but I thought I'd share my little story as a "Thank you" to the great people here at BBOS who helped me see my Storm in a new light. It's cheesy, I know, but bear with me.

I'd never owned a smart phone in my life. All my friends were transitioning to them and I hated how sloooow my Razr was, so I thought, "Hey, I'm a geek! Let's do it!" I was a Verizon customer for many years, so thought I'd stick with them. After looking at the options, I picked up a Storm. Man. What a letdown. Just as slow as the Razr, clunky interface, unintuitive... Yuck. Then I started reading press about the phone that screamed about how bad it was... I'd been suckered into buying what was clearly the *worst* phone *ever*.

And that's how it was for several months. I tried to make do, but using my phone was a drag. Then one magical sunday morning, I had a nice note on my screen as I woke up, telling me that there was an OS update. What a pleasant surprise! The phone seemed perkier and much more responsive, so I wondered, "This is great! I wonder if we can do even better!" That's when I discovered this site.

Fast-forward a few months: I have a shiny hybrid OS and many great apps loaded on my phone. It's sleek, (ohmygod!) quick, and becoming more nifty daily. This past Firday, I actually walked into an AT&T store with a friend who was buying an iPhone. I'd dreaded this moment, because I knew I was going to die of jealousy! The interface! The apps! The... APPLE!
    ... Then I started playing with the iPhone, and here is what ran through my head: "You can't even SEARCH for something in a web page?!" "Copy and paste is NEWS?" "Why can't you use just ANY sound file as a notification?" "I can do all that already with my... Wait... My Storm!"

I left that store not in the least jealous, and with a rather smug feeling in my heart. Who needs to wait for a Storm 2? On Friday, I got a new phone without paying a single cent.

Thanks, people. You really are doing something great here.

.75 -> .148 -> .151 Hybrids -> v5
    Better and better!

Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Haha glad to see your happy with your Storm :-)

sunkast Guest
    Thanks for posting your success story for the Storm.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    B Jorje, this is great!!! To all iPhoners :nana:

Storm is super awesome!!! The multitasking itself is just a winner!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    Don't forget AT&T's "awesome" network. Hehehehe.

Great story, and welcome to the wonderful world of smartphones!

----------------
    Now playing: Grateful Dead - Olympia Theater, Paris, France 05-04-72 Set 1
    via FoxyTunes
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    B jorje,

I feel the same way you do. I did not particularly like my storm, but once I learned how to download leaked OSs and install hybrids, my like turned into love. Now my storm is running with .151 OS and BBC's latest hybrid and i can not see myself owning another Blackberry. Definately not a Tour, but maybe a Storm 2. Just a slight maybe. Other than that i am a stormer 4life.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    It's good to hear stories like that. Thank the creators of the hybrids, their the ones that make it happen. I had similar feelings about my storm, but then the hybrids came along and I could not be happier.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    Haha glad to see your happy with your Storm :-)
    see kris people can be happy with the storm.........:aargh4:you traitor!!!!!!!

rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Yeah, its to the point now I'm getting bored... My storm works too good... There's nothing to fix! Maybe I need an iphone so I can hate a cellphone again... Hah!