Thread: My personal Storm story

B Jorje is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

My personal Storm story

I hope I'm posting this in the right place...
    This last month has been a really great month for me in terms of my phone. I don't know if any others have felt like this about a phone, but I thought I'd share my little story as a "Thank you" to the great people here at BBOS who helped me see my Storm in a new light. It's cheesy, I know, but bear with me.

I'd never owned a smart phone in my life. All my friends were transitioning to them and I hated how sloooow my Razr was, so I thought, "Hey, I'm a geek! Let's do it!" I was a Verizon customer for many years, so thought I'd stick with them. After looking at the options, I picked up a Storm. Man. What a letdown. Just as slow as the Razr, clunky interface, unintuitive... Yuck. Then I started reading press about the phone that screamed about how bad it was... I'd been suckered into buying what was clearly the *worst* phone *ever*.

And that's how it was for several months. I tried to make do, but using my phone was a drag. Then one magical sunday morning, I had a nice note on my screen as I woke up, telling me that there was an OS update. What a pleasant surprise! The phone seemed perkier and much more responsive, so I wondered, "This is great! I wonder if we can do even better!" That's when I discovered this site.

Fast-forward a few months: I have a shiny hybrid OS and many great apps loaded on my phone. It's sleek, (ohmygod!) quick, and becoming more nifty daily. This past Firday, I actually walked into an AT&T store with a friend who was buying an iPhone. I'd dreaded this moment, because I knew I was going to die of jealousy! The interface! The apps! The... APPLE!
    ... Then I started playing with the iPhone, and here is what ran through my head: "You can't even SEARCH for something in a web page?!" "Copy and paste is NEWS?" "Why can't you use just ANY sound file as a notification?" "I can do all that already with my... Wait... My Storm!"

I left that store not in the least jealous, and with a rather smug feeling in my heart. Who needs to wait for a Storm 2? On Friday, I got a new phone without paying a single cent.

Thanks, people. You really are doing something great here.

.75 -> .148 -> .151 Hybrids -> v5
    Better and better!

Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Liked
    1 times
    Haha glad to see your happy with your Storm :-)

sunkast Guest
    Thanks for posting your success story for the Storm.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    B Jorje, this is great!!! To all iPhoners :nana:

Storm is super awesome!!! The multitasking itself is just a winner!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Don't forget AT&T's "awesome" network. Hehehehe.

Great story, and welcome to the wonderful world of smartphones!

----------------
    Now playing: Grateful Dead - Olympia Theater, Paris, France 05-04-72 Set 1
    via FoxyTunes
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    B jorje,

I feel the same way you do. I did not particularly like my storm, but once I learned how to download leaked OSs and install hybrids, my like turned into love. Now my storm is running with .151 OS and BBC's latest hybrid and i can not see myself owning another Blackberry. Definately not a Tour, but maybe a Storm 2. Just a slight maybe. Other than that i am a stormer 4life.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    It's good to hear stories like that. Thank the creators of the hybrids, their the ones that make it happen. I had similar feelings about my storm, but then the hybrids came along and I could not be happier.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    Haha glad to see your happy with your Storm :-)
    see kris people can be happy with the storm.........:aargh4:you traitor!!!!!!!

rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, its to the point now I'm getting bored... My storm works too good... There's nothing to fix! Maybe I need an iphone so I can hate a cellphone again... Hah!