Thread: Question about buying a used Storm

OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Liked
    0 times

Question about buying a used Storm

It will be unlocked. Will I be able to use the pin and add/remove email accounts using my tmobile sims card? Never bought a used blackberry.

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

Yes you can....
    BlackBerry by Choice!

sunkast Guest
    Yes, just make sure the previous owner has released the PIN from their account so you can register the PIN on your account. If the owner does not do this, you will not be able to do what you want. And unfortunately, there is no other way to accomplish this other than the owner doing this. The carrier cannot unregister a PIN unless the owner calls.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Just had the previous owner release the pin. I'm rebooting with my sims card. If I want to alternate blackberrys with one sims card, will I have 2 pins I can use? One on each phone?

sunkast Guest
    Each device has it's own unique PIN. If I'm not mistaken, if you have data service, only the PIN you have currently registered will work.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have data. So I would have to register this device with Tmobile or on their website in order to receiver my emails and pins?
    Last edited by OcaNyc; 07-21-2009 at 12:30 AM.

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    I have data. So I would have to register this device with Tmobile or on their website in order to receiver my emails and pins?
    That is correct.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    That is correct.
    Thanks, hope you or someone else can guide me. How do you register this unlocked storm on the tmobile network through their website?

sunkast Guest
    Thanks, hope you or someone else can guide me. How do you register this unlocked storm on the tmobile network through their website?
    Easiest way I know how is to just call T-Mobile.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Easiest way I know how is to just call T-Mobile.
    And just tell them I'm using a verizon unlocked storm on their network? You sure thats like legal? lol

sunkast Guest
    And just tell them I'm using a verizon unlocked storm on their network? You sure thats like legal? lol
    You don't have to tell them it's a Verizon Storm. Just tell them you have a new device you want to set up with your account.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried to register the storm via the phone and it took but I couldnt resend service books from phone or site. I called up tmobile and had one of them do it for me, they asked for my imei number and knew it was a storm and proceeded to help me. I noticed my email accounts came over and I got a txt message saying welcome to tmobile. According to the phone

I'm running 4.7.0.151 (Platform 4.0.0.162). According to the previous owner he used to load the hybrids etc. What should my next step be? I'm not sure what radio file is on this. Should I install a different OS/Hybrid? My edge/EDGE definitely comes and goes, it isnt stable.

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    I tried to register the storm via the phone and it took but I couldnt resend service books from phone or site. I called up tmobile and had one of them do it for me, they asked for my imei number and knew it was a storm and proceeded to help me. I noticed my email accounts came over and I got a txt message saying welcome to tmobile. According to the phone

I'm running 4.7.0.151 (Platform 4.0.0.162). According to the previous owner he used to load the hybrids etc. What should my next step be? I'm not sure what radio file is on this. Should I install a different OS/Hybrid? My edge/EDGE definitely comes and goes, it isnt stable.
    Hello OcaNyc and welcome to BBOS,

It certainly sounds like you have had some great success getting your device on the tmobile network.

Let me give you a link from one of our resident Mods.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/h...ete-guide.html

Please read over some of this material as it may answer some of your questions.

We will certainly be glad to help if you decide to install a different OS onto that 9530. I myself am quiet skilled with that device as well as others here on the forum.

Thanks,
    Michael