Poll: Are you leaking more memory with the BBM 5.0 leak installed?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

PIN
    30FD4F5D
    Device
    Storm 2- 9550
    OS
    I just installed bbm 5.0 sat. night, and just randomly checked memory a few minutes ago and it was down to 2.9. I've recently started using bluetooth so I don't know if that may be some of it.

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by aug0211 View Post
    What OS are you on? I ask because "normal" leak for me on the 151 leak was pretty much nothing. But now with the new BBM on the 151 OS, I'm seeing leak like I used to on pre-151 OS's...
    My apologies on getting back to you late. I was on the .151, but now am running 5.0. Normal leak for me would be a fluctuation of 2-3mb RAM through out the day.

Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

I will admit that I've also noticed a decrease in app memory running BBM5.0. However it is a tour and a I do have lots to lose do its not a big deal but it is there.

I'm currently at 120 hrs of uptime (time without a battery pull/reset) and its drop for the first time ever below 80MB. Life's tough I know lol but like I said its there.

Prior to loading BBM5.0 I put in about the same amount of uptime and never dropped below 115MB.

I love the new BBM5.0 its totally worth running but clearly some bugs as far as memory issues.

It might be the introduction of the recent updates. Like anything else that runs in the back ground.

Last edited by smcoldbb; 07-25-2009 at 03:48 PM.

PIN
    305BC330
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    I have a Storm and I don't show any Leak Memory since I installed the BBM 5.0.

I have very good luck with my Storm I love it plus this is my first BlackBerry.

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by BellyDancingMama View Post

Good for you BDM! Glad you are lovin your storm and the new 5.0

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by BellyDancingMama View Post

This is great to hear.....just keep telling your storm "keep up the good work, baby"

Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    I have 2 things happening at the same time. First i used 7 Mb's so far today. After reading this thread I decided to look. My weather app hasn't updated since this afternoon. So it's hard to say if it was BBM or the app that was leaking. Since my weather app is set to check for updates every 30 minutes. I think it got stuck and never disconnected. I just did a battery pull. I will monitor all night and in to tomorrow as I use FB and BBM all day for the most part.

Edit : the phone definatley got stuck. Aftger the pull i got 5 BBM's and 9 emails and my weather app updated correctly
    Last edited by miami1683; 07-25-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by miami1683 View Post
    I have 2 things happening at the same time. First i used 7 Mb's so far today. After reading this thread I decided to look. My weather app hasn't updated since this afternoon. So it's hard to say if it was BBM or the app that was leaking. Since my weather app is set to check for updates every 30 minutes. I think it got stuck and never disconnected. I just did a battery pull. I will monitor all night and in to tomorrow as I use FB and BBM all day for the most part.

Edit : the phone definatley got stuck. Aftger the pull i got 5 BBM's and 9 emails and my weather app updated correctly
    FB is a know memory hog. I have not had any issues with BBM causing memory leak but that's just me. You may have some other apps causing this drain but for sure FB is one of them.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast