BBM 5.0 Leaking Memory - Page 2

Poll: Are you leaking more memory with the BBM 5.0 leak installed?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBM 5.0 Leaking Memory

aug0211 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    PM me for it
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148/.151 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    Meterberry is a known leaker of memory just for starters, and a few lost MBs here and there are not too serious. I was just showing that I am running BBM 5.0 with no loss of memory.
    I gotcha! Thanks for letting me know. Yeah, I had absolutely no leak in .151... until installing the BBM leak and my theme beta. I was unaware that anyone ever had an issue with MeterBerry leaking. Never gave me any trouble (been through 7 of these Storms and only God knows how many OSs lol)

Thanks again for the info

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I gotta say I have meterberry, BBM 5.0, weatherbug, shazam, slacker, Iheartradio, a game im beta testing, mobile checkbook, score, myspace, opera mini, app world, google voice, google sync, and .151 with BBC's V6 and i have only lost 6MB all day with moderate use.

causey is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    OOAK's .425 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Running:

.151/5.0 Hybrid
    elle
    BBM 5.0
    BBWeather
    Myspace
    Facebook
    AIM
    Google Maps
    Pandora
    Poynt
    Google YouTube Launcher
    App World
    StormLock
    Quickpull V2

Been having convo's on BBM, txt, email, used Myspace and Facebook for about an hour.

and lost a grand total of .1 MB in about 6 hours.
    Fallen, broken. Simply dissolved into an incomplete thought.
    An empty shell, cracked, and disfigured. With no remorse,
    I have been blinded by the darkness. With no disdain,
    I have received my punishment. And with no haste, I await them.

soicyboy is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow soicyboy On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry storm 9530
    OS
    238/230 hybrid
    Liked
    0 times

bbm 5.0

i to have notice an decrease in my memory but i could not put my fingers on it. but i do believe it is bbm 5.0 i didnt have a memory problem unltil i installed it

oilman is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30FD4F5D
    Device
    Storm 2- 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I just installed bbm 5.0 sat. night, and just randomly checked memory a few minutes ago and it was down to 2.9. I've recently started using bluetooth so I don't know if that may be some of it.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aug0211 View Post
    What OS are you on? I ask because "normal" leak for me on the 151 leak was pretty much nothing. But now with the new BBM on the 151 OS, I'm seeing leak like I used to on pre-151 OS's...
    My apologies on getting back to you late. I was on the .151, but now am running 5.0. Normal leak for me would be a fluctuation of 2-3mb RAM through out the day.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

I will admit that I've also noticed a decrease in app memory running BBM5.0. However it is a tour and a I do have lots to lose do its not a big deal but it is there.

I'm currently at 120 hrs of uptime (time without a battery pull/reset) and its drop for the first time ever below 80MB. Life's tough I know lol but like I said its there.

Prior to loading BBM5.0 I put in about the same amount of uptime and never dropped below 115MB.

I love the new BBM5.0 its totally worth running but clearly some bugs as far as memory issues.

It might be the introduction of the recent updates. Like anything else that runs in the back ground.

Last edited by smcoldbb; 07-25-2009 at 03:48 PM.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

BellyDancingMama is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow BellyDancingMama On Twitter
    PIN
    305BC330
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a Storm and I don't show any Leak Memory since I installed the BBM 5.0.

I have very good luck with my Storm I love it plus this is my first BlackBerry.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BellyDancingMama View Post

Good for you BDM! Glad you are lovin your storm and the new 5.0
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BellyDancingMama View Post

This is great to hear.....just keep telling your storm "keep up the good work, baby"

miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    I have 2 things happening at the same time. First i used 7 Mb's so far today. After reading this thread I decided to look. My weather app hasn't updated since this afternoon. So it's hard to say if it was BBM or the app that was leaking. Since my weather app is set to check for updates every 30 minutes. I think it got stuck and never disconnected. I just did a battery pull. I will monitor all night and in to tomorrow as I use FB and BBM all day for the most part.

Edit : the phone definatley got stuck. Aftger the pull i got 5 BBM's and 9 emails and my weather app updated correctly
    Last edited by miami1683; 07-25-2009 at 08:09 PM.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by miami1683 View Post
    I have 2 things happening at the same time. First i used 7 Mb's so far today. After reading this thread I decided to look. My weather app hasn't updated since this afternoon. So it's hard to say if it was BBM or the app that was leaking. Since my weather app is set to check for updates every 30 minutes. I think it got stuck and never disconnected. I just did a battery pull. I will monitor all night and in to tomorrow as I use FB and BBM all day for the most part.

Edit : the phone definatley got stuck. Aftger the pull i got 5 BBM's and 9 emails and my weather app updated correctly
    FB is a know memory hog. I have not had any issues with BBM causing memory leak but that's just me. You may have some other apps causing this drain but for sure FB is one of them.

Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    FB is a know memory hog. I have not had any issues with BBM causing memory leak but that's just me. You may have some other apps causing this drain but for sure FB is one of them.
    The drian was the phone was stuck. Most likely culprit was Simple Weather. i have seen that beofre. When I am on a call the app tries to connect to the server. It can't and it gets "stuck" memory leak is there and nothing else updates

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by miami1683 View Post
    The drian was the phone was stuck. Most likely culprit was Simple Weather. i have seen that beofre. When I am on a call the app tries to connect to the server. It can't and it gets "stuck" memory leak is there and nothing else updates
    You know phone better than anyone and these Storm have a personality of their own. However, I have been running Simpleweather for several months and can with certainty that this app never caused memory drain for me (eve when it gets hung up).

Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    You know phone better than anyone and these Storm have a personality of their own. However, I have been running Simpleweather for several months and can with certainty that this app never caused memory drain for me (eve when it gets hung up).
    I think when it's get "hung up" it creates a drian. It's like it's connecting but doesn't connect...so it's "open". Now my Gf's storm has it but she is too. I am not sure it ever hangs but I am on my cell more

Soulsharter is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    i only have 1 friend with a blackberry, is this even worth keeping on my phone? can i use it with aim and stuff like that? also i tried barcode thing and it wont scan weird..

Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsharter View Post
    i only have 1 friend with a blackberry, is this even worth keeping on my phone? can i use it with aim and stuff like that? also i tried barcode thing and it wont scan weird..
    It depends on you. I use it every day. The more you people you meet with BB the more prevelant it could be!

The barcode thing is weird itself but its still in beta

Soulsharter is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    lol do u just add everyone u meet with a BB?

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Well it depends on you. I do a lot of business and the predominant phone of choice is the BB. So all of my employees have BB's and we all use BBM. A lot of biz takes place overseas so talking on BBM is quite helpful and can get real time updates. But that's me. If you have no use for it there is no issue with deleting it.

Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    I agree with Jlevy too. At work there 10 or 12 BB's in just my store. Moreof us nationwide. It's easy to communicate and works very well.

I don't add everybody...but i have a group that I have added. some from here. Some frm another site...Friends and family. Just sayin it's easy and convienient

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast