Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memory Issue

PIN
    304aab6b
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I hav the same problem with memory and had to delete some programs (YouTube, etc) but can't get the memory to get back to 35mb?? How do I delete BB apps that I don't use? (AIM, Flickr, etc.) when I hook up to Desktop manager it shows they are installed, but the icons stay and if i go to Options to delete them, they aren't there either??

Quote Originally Posted by kvurj11364 View Post
    I hav the same problem with memory and had to delete some programs (YouTube, etc) but can't get the memory to get back to 35mb?? How do I delete BB apps that I don't use? (AIM, Flickr, etc.) when I hook up to Desktop manager it shows they are installed, but the icons stay and if i go to Options to delete them, they aren't there either??
    Welcome to BlackberryOS

The icons like aim,flickr,google im

You cannot delete these off you phone they are tired to the service books. If you click on them you will notice that they take you to the web to install. They are essentially launcher for the installers. Your best option is to just hide them and forget about them. They take up very little memory anyway.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Just hide the icons they usually only take up about 1kb, and no way to remove them, We are willing to help you figure this out but you need to help us by listing out the apps you have, what you shrunk out, what os you have, and what you mean by back up to 35MB. Do you mean right after you turn your phone on, or after using it all day?

And if your phone is running ok 35MB is plenty I usually start at about 39.8MB and end the day about 34.7MB so unless its a problem I would be happy. But if you want us to help we need the info first thanks

Sry Bryan, you actually out typed me for once
    Last edited by jnepsa; 07-21-2009 at 10:18 AM.

PIN
    304aab6b
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I can't get my memory past 25mb, any suggestions?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    We are willing to help you figure this out but you need to help us by listing out the apps you have, what you shrunk out, what os you have, and what you mean by back up to 35MB. Do you mean right after you turn your phone on, or after using it all day?

And if your phone is running ok 35MB is plenty I usually start at about 39.8MB and end the day about 34.7MB so unless its a problem I would be happy. But if you want us to help we need the info first thanks

I can't get my memory past 25mb, any suggestions?
    Please answer the questions in my post and we will see what \we can do, you have told us nothing yet so we dont know how to help you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12