Verizon drops the Storm to $99.99
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Verizon drops the Storm to $99.99

  1. #1
    cslaten is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cslaten On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cali USA
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    193
    Liked
    11 times

    Verizon drops the Storm to $99.99



    It looks like Verizon is preparing for the release of the Storm 2, by dropping the price of the
    Storm to $99.99. Of course that price is a contract price, so you will be stuck with the Storm for the next
    18 months, unless your like some (myself included) that just pony up the full retail value to get the latest
    and greatest every 6 months or so. The $99.99 price is a full $100 cheaper than it has been, since it first went on
    sale last November.

    My suggestion would be to hold out for a few months and get the Storm 2, or put in another C-Note and pick up the Tour now.
    You can pick up both the Storm and Tour at verizon.com or by visiting your local VZW retail store.
    Last edited by cslaten; 07-18-2009 at 07:43 PM.




  2. #2
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks cslaten,

    I could not agree more. Just ponied up and exchanged 1 of my 2 9530's for a 9630. I'll be holding out for the 9550(Storm2 /Odin). The drop in price will definitely allow VZW to attract another core group of users that may have not been so sure of themselves making a decision to purchase a device with unknown qualities. Now that the 9530 has been tried, true and tested, the market will be app to give this device another shot.

    Great job CS

  3. #3
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cslaten View Post


    It looks like Verizon is preparing for the release of the Storm 2, by dropping the price of the
    Storm to $99.99. Of course that price is a contract price, so you will be stuck with the Storm for the next
    18 months, unless your like some (myself included) that just pony up the full retail value to get the latest
    and greatest every 6 months or so. The $99.99 price is a full $100 cheaper than it has been, since it first went on
    sale last November.

    My suggestion would be to hold out for a few months and get the Storm 2, or put in another C-Note and pick up the Tour now.

    You can pick up both the Storm and Tour at verizon.com or by visiting your local VZW retail store.
    [/

    As with all things if you wait long enough you will eventually find it onsale, this is a great price for the storm and if I didn't have one I would def. pick it up at this price knowing that there are some great leaks and hybrids out there.

    Good find.

  4. #4
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

    That cool of big red, hope people who buy it do their homework and see v2 will be right around the corner. That is a sweet price for the storm!!
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  5. #5
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    That cool of big red, hope people who buy it do their homework and see v2 will be right around the corner. That is a sweet price for the storm!!
    That sure is rellims and a great way to get rid of inventory.

  6. #6
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Dang it I can hear the canceled bids on my one on Ebay right now

    Nice find CS :fing02:

  7. #7
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Dang it I can hear the canceled bids on my one on Ebay right now

    Nice find CS :fing02:
    I did not even think of that Bryan...:17:
    I just traded on of my 9530's in for a 9630 thinking I would follow suit with you.
    So much for that hone:

  8. #8
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Dang it I can hear the canceled bids on my one on Ebay right now

    Nice find CS :fing02:
    thought your reserve was $100, still a deal with no contract!
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  9. #9
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    thought your reserve was $100, still a deal with no contract!
    Yeah it is plus the accessories so I should be ok

  10. #10
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Yeah it is plus the accessories so I should be ok
    I was thinking you would just buy another at that price Bryan..:haha:

  11. #11
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    I was thinking you would just buy another at that price Bryan..:haha:
    No sir :no: I like turning on my phone and seeing 130mb free :dance: oh yeah and one more think that I love and missed very much. How easy it is to copy and paste baby :hail:

  12. #12
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    No sir :no: I like turning on my phone and seeing 130mb free :dance: oh yeah and one more think that I love and missed very much. How easy it is to copy and paste baby :hail:
    Its even easier to copy and paste on the tour...

  13. #13
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Its even easier to copy and paste on the tour...
    :haha:sorry that is what I meant at:

  14. #14
    cslaten is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cslaten On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cali USA
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    193
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Dang it I can hear the canceled bids on my one on Ebay right now

    Nice find CS :fing02:
    Put my Storm on eBay today and it sold just now for a buy it of $225 mfg:

  15. #15
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cslaten View Post
    Put my Storm on eBay today and it sold just now for a buy it of $225 mfg:
    Congrats man! Did your Storm have any screen click issues? I want to sell mine but I'm worried because I have to use the business card type hack for it to work good. Mine is unlocked though.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  16. #16
    cslaten is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cslaten On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cali USA
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    193
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Congrats man! Did your Storm have any screen click issues? I want to sell mine but I'm worried because I have to use the business card type hack for it to work good. Mine is unlocked though.
    Mine did not have screen click issues, but it had 4 scratches on the right side where i dropped it and it flew out of the case and scratched it. But this is what I did.....

    I list mine as Storm Used w/ Extras & Apps

    I included the info about the scratches and I had a few accessories, black hard case, black slide pouch, clear protector screen protector and all original accessories that came with the phone.

    I listed all the apps that I left on the phone even if they were free. This is what I think sold my Storm. And they were apps like Where, Poynt, UberTwitter, Sit & Squat, Tip Calculator, Doodle, Google Maps, Buzz'd, Evernote, Qik.....
    Last edited by cslaten; 07-19-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Spelling

  17. #17
    BlckBrryMD's Avatar
    BlckBrryMD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BlckBrryMD On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    0 times
    I wonder how long it typically takes Verizon to blow out the inventory to make room for the Storm2. I was planning on keeping mine, but I could sell now while I am out on medical leave and then with any luck the new Storm2 will arrive in time to return to wok in late October. That would be really nice.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •