I am very pleased with the Storm's new OS and Hybrids, but..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am very pleased with the Storm's new OS and Hybrids, but..

Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Liked
    0 times

I am very pleased with the Storm's new OS and Hybrids, but..

I have downloaded the leaked 151 OS for my storm and I have downloaded BBC's hybrid and OOAK's hybrid. I am currently running OOAK. I really love them both and I am having a hard time figure which one to keep.

I want to know if Storm owners, who have jumped on the lastest leak, are as happy with their device as I am? Also, what has changed from 148 to 151 to help with the battery lose and memory leak, casue now my battery can last more than a full day and I do not loose more than 4-6mb of memory(if that much) throughout the day. Why hasn't any US carriers released this version of OS?

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

Unfortunately I can only answer your first question. Yes I am very happy with my Storm now. Its insane that carriers don't make .151 the standard.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

causey is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    OOAK's .425 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Wirelessly posted

Unfortunately I can only answer your first question. Yes I am very happy with my Storm now. Its insane that carriers don't make .151 the standard.
    i agree 100%. wish we could make them. lol

i personally run .151 with lyridicals 5.0's added. wouldnt give it up for anything else at this point.
    Fallen, broken. Simply dissolved into an incomplete thought.
    An empty shell, cracked, and disfigured. With no remorse,
    I have been blinded by the darkness. With no disdain,
    I have received my punishment. And with no haste, I await them.

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

Welcome to BBOS causey
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

causey is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    OOAK's .425 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks im a frequenter of crackberry...but things seem to be going down hill there....overzealous mods and the like....
    Fallen, broken. Simply dissolved into an incomplete thought.
    An empty shell, cracked, and disfigured. With no remorse,
    I have been blinded by the darkness. With no disdain,
    I have received my punishment. And with no haste, I await them.

miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    I for one go here and not crackberry anylonger. i find the people friendly here. Now to answer your question. There is no doubt the Storm is now awesome to me. With 7.1.4 and the new messenger all is well

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by causey View Post
    thanks im a frequenter of crackberry...but things seem to be going down hill there....overzealous mods and the like....
    Welcome to BlackBerryOS causey! Look forward to seeing you in the forum!!!

Goldwinger is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxrider117 View Post
    I have downloaded the leaked 151 OS for my storm and I have downloaded BBC's hybrid and OOAK's hybrid. I am currently running OOAK. I really love them both and I am having a hard time figure which one to keep.

I want to know if Storm owners, who have jumped on the lastest leak, are as happy with their device as I am? Also, what has changed from 148 to 151 to help with the battery lose and memory leak, casue now my battery can last more than a full day and I do not loose more than 4-6mb of memory(if that much) throughout the day. Why hasn't any US carriers released this version of OS?
    I'm using OOAK'a latest v7.05 and it makes my Storm the phone I want to keep now. Struggled with the Storm since Nov 08, yeah one of the first. I had a period where I would try the latest leak, be disappointed and then drop back to my trusty ole Curve. Another leak would come out, another hybrid and I'd try the Storm again. Then back to the Curve. I've got to have a phone that works and works well, that's first priority, then comes everything else.

Not until .151 did I think we were getting anyway. Once I tried .151, I was back to liking my Storm. Now with OOAK's 7.05 I'm loving my Storm. I can't wait until 5.0 is out for the Storm and I agree with everyone else here, why don't they release .151 so the masses will upgrade and then really begin to know they have a good phone. I'm checking everyone I see with a STorm and seeing if they are updating at least to something. Most everyone I've checked are stuck on .75, really, do you remember .75, I'm trying to forget.

If everyone was running at least .151 I believe Storm 2 would be more successful. Most people will want to upgrade from a Storm to a Storm 2 just because they think it will finally be fixed. Some people won't touch it with a nine foot pole for fear of getting another .68 Storm and I don't blame them.

RIM and the Carriers have to figure out that not all phone owners are on BlackberryOS, just the cool one's :cool2:

kcpaynev1 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow kcpaynev1 On Twitter
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    BOLD 9930
    OS
    Liked
    10 times
    i have upgrades to .151 and am loving it. i start up with my memory at 37 and never drop below 30 during the day.

quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been using BBCM Hybrids since .148 v7. I now have the .151 os with his hybrid v7.1.4 and have installed all the other hybrids inbetween and I have to say, i never had any problems. All it did was enhance my phone. I have not tried any other hybrids as BBCM's never gave me a problem, never gave me a need to try anything else.

I installed the .151OS and had it on the phone for a day, found a little bit of a lag in the rotation between Landscape and Portrait & vice versa. Installed the v7.1.4hybrid and haven't looked back. Everything is quicker, more crisp and no lags at all. All the upgraded OS have made the storm better, but BBCK's gives it the extra push that the OS's r missing.

It's like buying a Ferrari (Ferrari = OS) and customizing it (with BBCK hybrids) to unleash all the potentials... that's the best way i can describe it.

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by quiet1 View Post
    I have been using BBCM Hybrids since .148 v7. I now have the .151 os with his hybrid v7.1.4 and have installed all the other hybrids inbetween and I have to say, i never had any problems. All it did was enhance my phone. I have not tried any other hybrids as BBCM's never gave me a problem, never gave me a need to try anything else.

I installed the .151OS and had it on the phone for a day, found a little bit of a lag in the rotation between Landscape and Portrait & vice versa. Installed the v7.1.4hybrid and haven't looked back. Everything is quicker, more crisp and no lags at all. All the upgraded OS have made the storm better, but BBCK's gives it the extra push that the OS's r missing.

It's like buying a Ferrari (Ferrari = OS) and customizing it (with BBCK hybrids) to unleash all the potentials... that's the best way i can describe it.
    Welcome Quiet1, I too believe that the Storm is a real workhorse of a phone with the leaked 151 hybrids. I haven't seen a great deal of difference between the hybrids but it is definately a taste thing.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times

well put quiet1 glad to here your happy with your device now
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    Welcome Quiet1, I too believe that the Storm is a real workhorse of a phone with the leaked 151 hybrids. I haven't seen a great deal of difference between the hybrids but it is definately a taste thing.
    Thanks for the invitation all. P3Designs.... don't get freaked out if u get a request on BBM and don't know who it is. I was testing out the Barcode thing. I like to believe everyone here is too curious and thus i couldn't help but carry out my curiosity about the Barcode reader and just had to try it out and since you were the only one, so far, that i saw w/ a barcode, I tried it and yea it worked... so yea don't freak out..hahaha.

but I think i deleted the request though...i think.
    Last edited by quiet1; 07-18-2009 at 10:45 AM.

miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the invitation all. P3Designs.... don't get freaked out if u get a request on BBM and don't know who it is. I was testing out the Barcode thing. I like to believe everyone here is too curious and thus i couldn't help but carry out my curiosity about the Barcode reader and just had to try it out and since you were the only one, so far, that i saw w/ a barcode, I tried it and yea it worked... so yea don't freak out..hahaha.

but I think i deleted the request though...i think.
    And now I get the barcode thing too. Very interesting. It may not be such a great iea to put it up here unless you want alot of BBM contacts or requests. It's good to see it works correctly though

jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Welcome bxrider and causey.
    I've been runnin strait .151 on two storms
    Since it dropped. I will changin to a hybrid
    Today. What I've found is a couple of problems
    With it, that I can't seem to fix. This maybe
    Why the carriers didn't use this. #1 not
    All theme builders (like the great ones around here)
    Have the fix for 151. #2 the mb #'s say one thing
    And act as though they are lower. #3 there has
    Been problems with messaging that I'm not
    Sure the hybrids have fixed.#4 several apps have
    Issues with this build also. collectively
    Those things are a big deal and that's my guess why they
    Didn't go with it. Like I said today I make
    The hybrid switch.

PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I agree with you Causey. I was always on Crackberry, but I do not care for the individuals that put down others instead of helping out. We all love our Blackberrys and should always welcome new converts. That is what I like about BBOS.

PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Jasonfyc,

I have noticed that apps like Slacker, Pandora and Spoof do not work with this OS. I am slightly upset about Slacker and Pandora, but I am sure that someone will figure it out soon. I just listen to the 500+ mp3s on my Storm.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Jasonfyc,

I have noticed that apps like Slacker, Pandora and Spoof do not work with this OS. I am slightly upset about Slacker and Pandora, but I am sure that someone will figure it out soon. I just listen to the 500+ mp3s on my Storm.
    I have been using 151 for a quite a while I don't use Spook but can say that Pandora and Slacker worked fine. Did you check you compatibility settings for those apps?

PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    Jasonfyc,

Is ur storm running on another carrier 'cause Verizon just pushed Slacker to all Verizon Storms. The Slacker icon just showed up on my Storm yesterday. I was like "WTF" but then I read blogs stating verizon just pushed it to the Storm. Pandora, I haven't used Pandora in a while since Slacker has more songs, Slacker with iHeart keeps me happy lol.

To go back to your statement, Slacker works fine for me. Haven't had a problem. R u not able to play any stations on Slacker or is it freezing up/rebooting ur phone at random times?
    Last edited by quiet1; 07-18-2009 at 02:54 PM.

jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Slacker will start, play for a while and
    Then just stop working. I got a new phone
    Last week and its makin me miss my last one.
    This might be specific to this phone.
    I have seen these problems with others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast