Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Device
    BlackBerry 8900
    OS
    v4.6.1.250
    Sounds like its a working beta. I'm going to read how to install and then do so.

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bup View Post
    So I need to re-install the 4.5 os in order to get BBM back? Is that going to erase all other apps I have installed or is it just as simple as re-installing through the Desktop Manager and nothing else will be affected?
    I think so. Delete BBM from your phone. Reinstall the OS on your computer. Run DM, and I think it will ask you to update. I haven't gone through this process myself, but that is what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    I think so. Delete BBM from your phone. Reinstall the OS on your computer. Run DM, and I think it will ask you to update. I haven't gone through this process myself, but that is what I would do.
    Yep you are correct Sunkast just did it. Make sure you have a recent back up though as doing this will wipe all your BBM contacts

PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    how to make it work for bold and 8900 running 5.0?

download via ota

sunkast Guest
    Well I have a newbish question. Either I am doing this wrong or it's not working on my device. How do you scan a barcode? I went to add a contact, chose scan a barcode. The camera popped open. But I can't get it to work form there. Pressing the trackball doesn't work, nor are there any menu options. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not working for my device?

Well I have a newbish question. Either I am doing this wrong or it's not working on my device. How do you scan a barcode? I went to add a contact, chose scan a barcode. The camera popped open. But I can't get it to work form there. Pressing the trackball doesn't work, nor are there any menu options. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not working for my device?
    Mine did it automatically but I had to make sure I wasn't too close to the bar code

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Mine did it automatically but I had to make sure I wasn't too close to the bar code
    Doesn't work for me. Oh well I'm probably going back to the older version anyway. Can't say I'm all that pleased/impressed with 5.0 due to the usability issues.

Doesn't work for me. Oh well I'm probably going back to the older version anyway. Can't say I'm all that pleased/impressed with 5.0 due to the usability issues.
    Yep went back to the older version as well but been having nothing but issues now

Phone keeps freezing on me whenever I try to access a third party app. I have just uninstalled and reinstalled all the apps and that seems to have fixed the problem. I am on my last reboot now and will let you know

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast