Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 273 to 280 of 587

  1. #273
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsondoom View Post
    Ok...hanging in. Does the new bbm actually have threaded sms?
    Sorry coming in a little late

    What phone do you have? and how did you install it on your phone?

    Did you download the correct file from the OP?

    Sorry for the questions but my net is still a little shotty and it will be easier for you just to post then for me to look back



  2. #274
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Sorry coming in a little late

    What phone do you have? and how did you install it on your phone?

    Did you download the correct file from the OP?

    Sorry for the questions but my net is still a little shotty and it will be easier for you just to post then for me to look back
    Curve 8330.

    Copy and pasted all the .cod files to java folder. Copy and pasted .alx file into the os folder. Used application loader which showed the bbm "update". Rebooted.

    Downloaded the for 4.5 83xx file.

    Thanks for all you guys for trying to help. My head feels like it's exploding.

  3. #275
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bay area
    PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Posts
    196
    Has anyone received BBM emails? I keep receiving the following email:

    Hello,

    Thank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorized use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please turn on your BlackBerry and allow it to receive this email. The email will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not delete this email.

    If you do not use BlackBerry Messenger, you can ignore this email.

    Thank you,
    BlackBerry Messenger Team
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX*


    *The XXXX is a sequence of code that I masked and it changes with each email.



  4. #276
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    For all current 8830 Curve owners that are experiencing issues installing the new BBM 5.0.

    Please list the following:

    Which OS are you running?

    Please describe exactly how you are trying to install the .alx file.

    Thanks

  5. #277
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8
    --- STILL CANNOT SEE BBM ICON ON 8330 --


    1. I have 4.5.0.97
    2. I copied all the .cod files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8330-v4.5.0.97_P3.2.0.52
    3. Ran Desktop Manager, clicked on .alx files and it loaded it
    4. phone reboot
    5. Blackberry messenger 5.0.0.8 appears in applications
    6. I have "show all icons" enabled so nothing is hidden
    7. but NO ICON!!


    Help plz!!!! :no:



  6. #278
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsondoom View Post
    Curve 8330.

    Copy and pasted all the .cod files to java folder. Copy and pasted .alx file into the os folder. Used application loader which showed the bbm "update". Rebooted.

    Downloaded the for 4.5 83xx file.

    Thanks for all you guys for trying to help. My head feels like it's exploding.
    Have you tried rebooting (or battery pull) a second time? And have you made sure the icon is not hidden?

  7. #279
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    Has anyone received BBM emails? I keep receiving the following email:

    Hello,

    Thank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorized use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please turn on your BlackBerry and allow it to receive this email. The email will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not delete this email.

    If you do not use BlackBerry Messenger, you can ignore this email.

    Thank you,
    BlackBerry Messenger Team
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX*


    *The XXXX is a sequence of code that I masked and it changes with each email.
    Yes Ukyo,

    This is a standard message from what I've been told. I have not heard of any issues with this email. Matter of fact, I installed the new BBM 5.0 on my 9530, received the email shortly after. I came home to find the message on my wife's 9530 as well and she does not have the new BBM.

    I think you will be Okay if you are not seeing any issues.

  8. #280
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Have you tried rebooting (or battery pull) a second time? And have you made sure the icon is not hidden?
    Yes and Yes. Both several times.

Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •