Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I guess lets get some basics. what did you remove when you used shrink? If i use shrink I leave docs to go on, brickbreaker, BBM, Wordmole, task, and something else small. IF I load my os lets say i have .151/v6 for instance with NO 3rd party apps I am starting with right about 52MB with that list of apps I have which is about half of yours, I drop to 42-44MB, maintain a steady 34+ all day everyday. you are saying with that list of app( i am assuming you left docs to go on your phone) Is that you are booting with the same amount of memory and you have twice the apps (if not a lil more) somethign doesnt add up correctly unless you are removing everything from your phone. And in that case you could possibly be seeing the numbers you are. and that 128MB of app memory is where the Operating system, apps, themes, games, everythign pretty much is stored, so figure your average shrunk os is loaded, about 65+MB that drops you to 63MB, now add in all the processes running and go head and say that kills another 10MB now your at 53MB, then recieve your service books, email boxes, messages stored on the phone, phonebook, talking around 8MB makes you at 45MB, then all your apps. Either you have 1. no contacts stored or messages, no docs, to go. (meaning you have shrunk everything or used the remove all button) no service books, or 2. you are getting a false reading. I am assuming again that its number 2, as you have said you are having no troubles with your storm.

Now just to make this clear, I am not arguing or flaming or doubting, you are just posting some numbers that dont add up trying to figure it out. Thats all
    no problem j...i'm not arguing either i just want you to understand that i do know what i am talking about and i am not getting false numbers.i have been getting these numbers through several beta os's and have screen shots to prove it if needed.

i have .151 loaded and i used shrink. i deleted everything except msn messenger and default font. my new shrunken os is 45 mb. all my apps added up,which includes my 186kb theme is a little over 11mb. don't be overwhelmed with the total number of apps i have but actually look at them. some of them are not named very well(sorry) but several of them are nothing more than launchers which are only a few kb's. so i have an os of 45 mb's,apps totaling 11mb's and free memory of 44mb's. that's a total of 100mb's. i'm assuming that the other 28 mb's are the other goodies that you mentioned.i also have over 300 contacts loaded and never delete messages.i think i have them set to save for 2 weeks.

you said you start at 44mb's with less apps than i have but add your apps up and see what they total.also,as you mentioned,i don't have docs to go loaded which is over 1mb...not really sure how big it is since i don't use it.

i really don't understand why it's hard to believe that i boot at 44mb's without having a false reading.

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    If i use shrink I leave docs to go on, brickbreaker, BBM, Wordmole, task, and something else small.
    shrink-a-os doesn't remove BBM and tasks...or at least the one i use don't so i still have those loaded.i do remove docs,and preloaded games.

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    so figure your average shrunk os is loaded, about 65+MB
    maybe that's where you're missing it. my shrunken os is 45mb

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    YEa when you said shrunk, i assumed you left Docs to go on.l.. if you remove that then yea the number are very close. so be happy. sorry for all the confusion, make sure you have the latest version of shrink, i could swear tasks is one of them

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    YEa when you said shrunk, i assumed you left Docs to go on.l.. if you remove that then yea the number are very close. so be happy. sorry for all the confusion, make sure you have the latest version of shrink, i could swear tasks is one of them
    here's mine

Device
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    OS
    This might be from the Push verizon just sent out. They Pushed slacker radio to all storms. It's supposed to work in conjunction with VCast Music.

Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Wirelessly posted

If any of you are having the reboot message still. I found something yesterday that might help.

My guess is that you might have preempted a reboot by choosing reboot later.

Options - advance options - applications - at the very bottom I found an application reboot -- delete that if its there.

Hope that helps

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    here's mine
    shrink a os

That is the new one. yours is one of the first versions he made..the new one includes much much more
    Quote Originally Posted by Bboyeruga View Post
    This might be from the Push verizon just sent out. They Pushed slacker radio to all storms. It's supposed to work in conjunction with VCast Music.
    the content they push out is not the full program just icons, if you dont want the program just hide the icons, if you click on one you will still have to install it
    Last edited by jnepsa; 07-17-2009 at 09:06 AM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast