Reboot pop-up message - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73

Thread: Reboot pop-up message

  1. #21
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cambone890 View Post
    30mb and stable allways since .151
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    I'm actually noticing bugs with
    151. Its acting as though there isn't
    Memory stability as much as maybe
    False numbers. I've started to have
    Problems with apps that were just fine
    Before.
    For example: slacker gives me an error code
    Of 500 which is low memory error.
    If I have a problem an reboot it becomes all
    Good. I've also noticed I can only go
    About the same amount of time I did before
    With other Os's before I need that sequential pull.
    I see either app problems or problems with
    The browser. So looking at everything you have
    On your phone I'm apt to go with jn and your having
    A memory problem.

    I would say what he is seeing is false numbers. THAT is alot of apps to still have 30MB, I dont even have half as many apps and I boot at 41.2MB and hang about 32-36 all day. So I would have to say wipe and reinstall but I do believe you have a few too many apps. Causeing the phones memory to drop to low and start the reboot sequance.




  2. #22
    apuntsel's Avatar
    apuntsel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    262
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Have you removed any applications?
    No ... same stuff. When I loaded 151, I did not do any restores. I re-loaded all of the 3rd apps via OTA and i'm on a BES, so all my data comes from there.
    Theme: bDroidX · Apps: Supra eKey, SmrtGuard, MeterBerry, Google Maps, Berry Weather, CaptureIt, BBFileScout, Visual VoiceMail, Mortgage Payment Calculator, BubbleBurst, StormSlots, Hangman

  3. #23
    cambone890's Avatar
    cambone890 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow cambone890 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Abq, NM
    PIN
    itentiary
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    bbcrackman's hybrid 7.X
    Posts
    37
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Yes I all ways close out my apps the only ones that stay open are ubertwitter and weatherbug and I have got that same error with slacker and pandora

  4. #24
    cambone890's Avatar
    cambone890 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow cambone890 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Abq, NM
    PIN
    itentiary
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    bbcrackman's hybrid 7.X
    Posts
    37
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    And I have ben running most of these apps since day one and never had a problem with slacker till now

  5. #25
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    I will have to say this to all who may be experinencing these isolated issues. Kind of take this with a grain of salt for we are all still leaning. The .151 was a leaked beta. So while others may not have the issues some may. We will need to work together and find our way through it and hope that another beta is leaked hopefully sooner than the wait that we've had for this last drop.
    That's just my personal opinion.

    Regards,
    Michael

  6. #26
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by cambone890
    Wirelessly posted

    And I have ben running most of these apps since day one and never had a problem with slacker till now
    I also agree with mepascal. We are still
    Learning about this os and most people
    Have switch to a hybrid. I haven't givin
    Up on .151 just yet so either you can hang in there
    Until either I have more time to try
    Things like wiping and reinstalling or other
    Little tricks that seem to fix problems or
    Maybe somebody else who runs into
    The same problems will cind a fix first and post it.
    Don't worry we'll figure something out
    Or understand why they dropped .148
    Instead of .151.

  7. #27
    cambone890's Avatar
    cambone890 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow cambone890 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Abq, NM
    PIN
    itentiary
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    bbcrackman's hybrid 7.X
    Posts
    37
    Liked
    0 times
    oh i have no problems with .151 or the new hydrid i think my phone runs better now than ever memory is stable and it never locks up not like before with some of the other OS i have had in the past and do you guys really think that im running to many apps
    Last edited by cambone890; 07-15-2009 at 07:55 PM.

  8. #28
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cambone890 View Post
    do you guys really think that im running to many apps
    i personally don't.it seems like your problem is something else.

  9. #29
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cambone890 View Post
    oh i have no problems with .151 or the new hydrid i think my phone runs better now than ever memory is stable and it never locks up not like before with some of the other OS i have had in the past and do you guys really think that im running to many apps
    that is a lot of apps.:cool2:If it works for you than GREAT! The reason myself and jn. are so apprehensive about that many, is because we have always had to keep those numbers down for our storms to run well. We haven't seen these numbers until this last os. So its really up to you on how many apps you run and whether you are willing to put up with random reboots if this os isnt going to keep that many stable.

  10. #30
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    my apps
    app world
    AP news
    ballz
    bbalerts
    BBOS
    BBSmart Alarms Pro
    BerryWeather
    beyond 411
    Color Lines!
    Connect Four
    Doodle
    EDL launchers
    File Manager Pro
    FollowUp!
    got-2 Pro
    maxmem
    Memory
    MemoryUp
    MeterBerry
    Parking Lot
    PeeKaWho
    picture dial
    pocketday start
    picture ID2
    Profiler
    QuickLaunch
    rdm+
    sea battle
    smart alerts
    SMS Display ON
    SnapScreen
    solitaire buddy
    Storm Level Pro
    tapomania
    TouchBubbles
    VibAndRing
    Vymail
    weatherbug

    i boot at 44+mb and mine is running very smooth.

  11. #31
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    my apps
    app world
    AP news
    ballz
    bbalerts
    BBOS
    BBSmart Alarms Pro
    BerryWeather
    beyond 411
    Color Lines!
    Connect Four
    Doodle
    EDL launchers
    File Manager Pro
    FollowUp!
    got-2 Pro
    maxmem
    Memory
    MemoryUp
    MeterBerry
    Parking Lot
    PeeKaWho
    picture dial
    pocketday start
    picture ID2
    Profiler
    QuickLaunch
    rdm+
    sea battle
    smart alerts
    SMS Display ON
    SnapScreen
    solitaire buddy
    Storm Level Pro
    tapomania
    TouchBubbles
    VibAndRing
    Vymail
    weatherbug

    i boot at 44+mb and mine is running very smooth.
    Again something has to be skewed or your problems may be stemming from not installing some of the needed os core beacuse I have
    weather bug
    Iheartradio
    Slacker
    Meterberry
    shazam
    Mobile CHeckbook
    appworld
    oprea mini
    google sync and I have always booted with about 42 MB, I would Highly suggest to both of you to wipe and reload this os, as I dont see how it is possible with a storm to have what would appear to be 128+MB avaible with all those apps still leaving you at 44 or more when you boot. Something is missing because, with no apps and just the hybrid I booted at 54.1MB and installed my few apps and dropped more than 10> I am not saying that you are not capable or do not know what you are doing, but you 2 are exceptions right now. Everyone else is running about half to 3/4 the apps you are and booting with the same or less. The math on this one says something has not loaded properly and is causing the errors you are seeing

  12. #32
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Not to double post but I just re read the post, you two should really wipe and reload the os, and the one app at a time reinstall, with a batt pull after each 3-5 apps, I dont think you will see your memory anywhere close to that, unless you are leaving out everything but the radio file, and the phone, just no way

  13. #33
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Once again guys I'm with jnepsa! If you start with your original mb # after and add the total mb's from all your apps, your not going to be in the 40's or 30's or even 20's. I agree with you that stability is alot better and this os tends to keep the clocks off the screen, but your #'S just aren't possible. I'm affraid that it is exactly what I stated and what jnepsa stated in the beginning it's a false reading. OS's can't create memory that isn't there. My suggestion is the same as jnepsa... Wipe and reistall.

  14. #34
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Once again guys I'm with jnepsa! If you start with your original mb # after and add the total mb's from all your apps, your not going to be in the 40's or 30's or even 20's. I agree with you that stability is alot better and this os tends to keep the clocks off the screen, but your #'S just aren't possible. I'm affraid that it is exactly what I stated and what jnepsa stated in the beginning it's a false reading. OS's can't create memory that isn't there. My suggestion is the same as jnepsa... Wipe and reistall.
    Thanks for the back up. I would imagine if we were way off someone would say something, just if you wipe and reinstall it will help us better diagnose, and along with that I would download the the straight os, and the hybrid again just to be safe

  15. #35
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Thanks for the back up. I would imagine if we were way off someone would say something, just if you wipe and reinstall it will help us better diagnose, and along with that I would download the the straight os, and the hybrid again just to be safe
    :haha:What he said!:haha::1244:

  16. #36
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    You guys are doing great :fing02:

  17. #37
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    You guys are doing great :fing02:
    Thats funny!:laugh2: I was gettin ready to come get you! I didn't want these guys to feel like they weren't gettin the best help. I know jnepsa and myself are just simpletons, but we were pretty sure of ourselves. I also know you might carry some weight around here so if you chimed in, it might help!

  18. #38
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by apuntsel View Post
    No ... same stuff. When I loaded 151, I did not do any restores. I re-loaded all of the 3rd apps via OTA and i'm on a BES, so all my data comes from there.
    As Bryan said you guys and gals are doing great, here is another suggestion to think about.



    Is you BES admin pushing out any changes in IT policies for blackberry's. If so this could be your problem. I would, if it was me, clear your IT policies and re-sync to the BES server. Also, when you restored your backup did you restore it completely or just the messages? The reason for my question is if the BES Admin is not pushing anything out you may have a corrupted file. Also go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications/Highlight the "Phone" do not click/BB Button/Edit Permissions and make sure they are all set to "Allow". Also make sure none of the apps you have installed are set to run in compatibility mode. Either one of these could be causing you issues.
    Last edited by bbcrackman; 07-15-2009 at 11:57 PM.

  19. #39
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Thats funny!:laugh2: I was gettin ready to come get you! I didn't want these guys to feel like they weren't gettin the best help. I know jnepsa and myself are just simpletons, but we were pretty sure of ourselves. I also know you might carry some weight around here so if you chimed in, it might help!
    I have been watching and you both are doing great I would chime in but then I would be just repeating what you guys said.

  20. #40
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I have been watching and you both are doing great I would chime in but then I would be just repeating what you guys said.
    Sometimes a forum manager badge looks better than a lifers!



    Or scary lookin eye:haha:
    Last edited by jasonfyc; 07-16-2009 at 12:11 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •