Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

curtcrack88 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530

Locking or hiding pictures and folders

I know how to hide things on the main menu screen, but my question is does anyone know how to hide picture folders or just pictures and then find them again?

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by curtcrack88 View Post
    I know how to hide things on the main menu screen, but my question is does anyone know how to hide picture folders or just pictures and then find them again?
    Hey Curt there are a couple of different options for you

Options #1

If you plug your phone into the pc and create a folder out side of your picture folder on your SD card, then drag all the files you want to hide into that folder. Then when you go into media and select pictures they should not be there. If you want to view them you can use BBFileScout to naviagate to the folder you created and view them that way. Or when on the media screen hit your BB button and choose the option to explore then navigate to the folder you created.

Option #2

Download FileLock Here not sure on this one I have never used it, but have heard good reviews on it.

Option #3

When in media app and browsing your pictures highlight the pic you want to hide and hit bb button and select hide. This will now keep the pic from showing up when searched. In order to find this pic follow the below steps

1) Go to Media Manager.

2) Menu

3) Explore

4) Choose where your pics are - Media Card or Device Memory

5) BlackBerry

6) Pictures

7) Menu

8) Show Hidden

louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    I'd be interested in seeing what pics folks need to hide? Maybe a new sub-forum in VIP? :cool2:

----------------
    Now playing: ESPN - The B.S. Report: 7/3
    via FoxyTunes

Device
    Storm 9530
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Hey Curt there are a couple of different options for you

Options #1

If you plug your phone into the pc and create a folder out side of your picture folder on your SD card, then drag all the files you want to hide into that folder. Then when you go into media and select pictures they should not be there. If you want to view them you can use BBFileScout to naviagate to the folder you created and view them that way. Or when on the media screen hit your BB button and choose the option to explore then navigate to the folder you created.

Option #2

Download FileLock Here not sure on this one I have never used it, but have heard good reviews on it.

Option #3

When in media app and browsing your pictures highlight the pic you want to hide and hit bb button and select hide. This will now keep the pic from showing up when searched. In order to find this pic follow the below steps

1) Go to Media Manager.

2) Menu

3) Explore

4) Choose where your pics are - Media Card or Device Memory

5) BlackBerry

6) Pictures

7) Menu

8) Show Hidden

Bryan....seriously you are the MAN! I think you answer just about every question I have ever asked on this site...thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by louwiid View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing what pics folks need to hide? Maybe a new sub-forum in VIP? :cool2:
    I bet you would be interested sir...it was just a question nothing to hide for now...but my lady likes to surprise me sometimes and Id rather save pics than delete them but not let anyone who i allow to look at my pictures see them :cool2:

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Bryan....seriously you are the MAN! I think you answer just about every question I have ever asked on this site...thanks bro!

I bet you would be interested sir...it was just a question nothing to hide for now...but my lady likes to surprise me sometimes and Id rather save pics than delete them but not let anyone who i allow to look at my pictures see them :cool2:
    My pleasure glad to help out

On a side note if she ever make mad post away :lmao:

Device
    Storm 9530
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    My pleasure glad to help out

On a side note if she ever make mad post away :lmao:
    haha....I'll keep that in mind

louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    Outstanding! As you know, I am pro-depravity!

----------------
    Now playing: American Public Media - 07/10/09 Marketplace Money
    via FoxyTunes

quack is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by louwiid View Post
    i'd be interested in seeing what pics folks need to hide? Maybe a new sub-forum in vip? :cool2:

----------------
    now playing: espn - the b.s. Report: 7/3
    via foxytunes
    sign me up . . . Videos too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast