It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Liked
    0 times

Calendar Whacked With Each New OS

I have a question that I hope I am not the only one that has experienced. Each time I do a new OS upgrade it changes my Calendar Event entrees ahead 4 hours. I then have to resync with outlook to change them back. Why would this be happening? I am sure its something very stupid that I am not doing, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlyFan View Post
    I have a question that I hope I am not the only one that has experienced. Each time I do a new OS upgrade it changes my Calendar Event entrees ahead 4 hours. I then have to resync with outlook to change them back. Why would this be happening? I am sure its something very stupid that I am not doing, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
    hmm i have never noticed this...new to me
    who is the email assc. with outlook?

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Is the time correct on the phone itself? I don't use outlook so I am going to take a shot in the dark

Plug your bb into your pc then open DM and go to backup/restore then choose advanced. In the right side box select the calendar options and choose clear. Do this for every calendar listed. Then resync your appts and see if it happens next time? It sounds like you might a a corrupted data base in there somewhere.

**I am assuming outlook works the same as Google sync and that you can pull your entries back off the PC onto your phone**

HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Is the time correct on the phone itself? I don't use outlook so I am going to take a shot in the dark

Plug your bb into your pc then open DM and go to backup/restore then choose advanced. In the right side box select the calendar options and choose clear. Do this for every calendar listed. Then resync your appts and see if it happens next time? It sounds like you might a a corrupted data base in there somewhere.

**I am assuming outlook works the same as Google sync and that you can pull your entries back off the PC onto your phone**

Bryan I think outlook does work the same as Google Sync and I will give your suggestion a try......

Liked
    7 times
    Bryan I think outlook does work the same as Google Sync and I will give your suggestion a try......
    Great let us know

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

It happens all the time with google sync. This is the first time I've heard of it with outlook. That's good to know I had always blamed google.

What Google sync doubles all your entries in the time frame you have set for syncing. Weird...

Follow bryan's suggestion it should fix u up

There are two files calendar and calendar all. I just delete both.
    Last edited by smcoldbb; 07-12-2009 at 08:31 PM.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

Miata492 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Miata492 On Twitter
    PIN
    OT NOIR
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    i am one of those people that must have something corrupt in my outlook database but dont know what! so when i would do a restore my calendar would be all whacked too. now, i always do 2 backups before doing a upgrade or wipe - a full backup (just so i have it) and then i clear all the calendar, contacts, tasks, memos using the advanced function. then after the wipe/upgrade i restore with the edited backup and then re-do my sync setup (i personally use thinkpost.net for wireless syncing and not the DM) and then it restores all my info with no issues. so yeah, it takes slightly longer to do, but then i have no issues. vincent from thnkpost.net did tell me that they discovered an issue with yearly repeating calendar events with the Storm - namely yearly repeats in January of 2009. I then removed the repeats in January 2009 and voila, my issues seemed disappear from what i can tell. i put the repeats back in starting in January 2010 so i did not lose them.

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Miata492 View Post
    i am one of those people that must have something corrupt in my outlook database but dont know what! so when i would do a restore my calendar would be all whacked too. now, i always do 2 backups before doing a upgrade or wipe - a full backup (just so i have it) and then i clear all the calendar, contacts, tasks, memos using the advanced function. then after the wipe/upgrade i restore with the edited backup and then re-do my sync setup (i personally use thinkpost.net for wireless syncing and not the DM) and then it restores all my info with no issues. so yeah, it takes slightly longer to do, but then i have no issues. vincent from thnkpost.net did tell me that they discovered an issue with yearly repeating calendar events with the Storm - namely yearly repeats in January of 2009. I then removed the repeats in January 2009 and voila, my issues seemed disappear from what i can tell. i put the repeats back in starting in January 2010 so i did not lose them.
    Thanks Miata for the post and the steps :fing02:

PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Liked
    0 times
    My only issues are with the sync to Outlook and any yearly events when the new OS loads it changes the time from 12am-12pm to 4am-4pm so now the events fall on 2 days instead of 1. My clocks are all set correctly and this only effects events that are recorded as all day events, and none of the other calendar events very strange. It has got to be something very easy that I am overlooking!!!

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times

miata thank you for posting sounds like a good fix.

Hey harley sounds like that might be your issue. Try miata's suggestion.

Please keep us up to date
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post

miata thank you for posting sounds like a good fix.

Hey harley sounds like that might be your issue. Try miata's suggestion.

Please keep us up to date
    I just tried her suggestion but I wont know truly if it works until I load a new OS again, that is when I have issues otherwise all is GREAT!

PIN
    OT NOIR
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    glad i could be of assistance! i tried a million things to fix the issue and it was making me nuts as for years with WinMo phones i never had problems! all day events, and really, it is all day recurring events that wreak havoc with the BB's for some reason. Honestly, the January 09 yearly recurring thing really worked wonders for me. And shameless plug (and no, i am not affiliated with them) but thinkpost.net is really fantastic. Like i just posted in another thread about calendar issues - thinkpost.net is like a poor mans BES for $4 per month! It also makes recovering your calendar/contacts/tasks/memos after wiping/reloading a breeze. Also, I always "recover from server to BB" when re-syncing for the 1st time then i sync normally after that. Plus I can sync my Outlook between 3 PC's with no problem either...

BTW... I am glad to be part of the BBOS forums - very cool community! I have been on the PDAPhoneHome.com forums for years and even moderate a couple of the forums on there but they have little or no BB community - mostly WinMo...

PIN
    OT NOIR
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I just tried her suggestion but I wont know truly if it works until I load a new OS again, that is when I have issues otherwise all is GREAT!
    BTW... I am a man! I know... Miata's are not the manliest cars but they handle fantastic and make great track cars!

PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Miata492 View Post
    BTW... I am a man! I know... Miata's are not the manliest cars but they handle fantastic and make great track cars!
    I cant remember the last time I saw a man driving a Miata......... Just Kidding! Welcome to a GREAT site!