304C0217
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    OS
    v4.7.0.148
    Liked
    0 times

Newby Radio Installation

I am running v4.7.0.148 (platform 4.0.0.181) I need help changing the radio...I have read through the post to avoid redundancy but, I need to know the semantics of it. When and where to install what to hook up to the PC basically step by step instructions ," (by now you can see that I am a Newby) with installing.. please help

Very Respectfully
    :yo:

WARDADDY153:yo:

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardaddy153 View Post
    I am running v4.7.0.148 (platform 4.0.0.181) I need help changing the radio...I have read through the post to avoid redundancy but, I need to know the semantics of it. When and where to install what to hook up to the PC basically step by step instructions ," (by now you can see that I am a Newby) with installing.. please help

Very Respectfully
    :yo:
    Welcome to BBOS :fing02:

I just recently wrote a walk through using Shrink A OS that will also swap your Radio file for you and make it nice and easy process. Do you have .148 installed on your pc?

Here is the walk through read through it and let me know if you have any questions we can get you set up super easy

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...shrink-os.html

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Sorry for the condensed answer I had to put my little girl down for the night. In order of Shrink to work the first thing you will need is the OS you have installed on your phone on your pc. Since swapping in the radio will require app loader in order to do it. If you have a different OS installed on your PC it will install that OS on your phone. If you don't have the OS installed on your pc (ie have the official Verizon OS) then you will need to download the OS first then run the swap a radio feature in shrink in order to swap out the radio on your phone. When you use the swap feature it will download whatever radio you choose from Lryicidal's server and place it in the right spot.