Storm users, could you ever go back to a physical keyboard on a BB? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Storm users, could you ever go back to a physical keyboard on a BB?

mrbrianwc is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm
    Liked
    0 times
    Will be going back to a physical keyboard tomorrow. I'll miss the big screen on the Storm. I will not miss how many key presses it takes to call someone (I really do use my blackberry to talk to people). That's my biggest gripe with the Storm.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbrianwc View Post
    Will be going back to a physical keyboard tomorrow. I'll miss the big screen on the Storm. I will not miss how many key presses it takes to call someone (I really do use my blackberry to talk to people). That's my biggest gripe with the Storm.
    I agree with the key presses but I really was impressed with how good the call quality is with the Storm especially on 151.

hallwaypd is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm a Sprint guy, so i don't have the luxury of owning a Storm (yet), however I have spent a good amount of time with it. I was surprised how easy it was to type with... especially after hearing so many of my "i-phoney" friends tell me how much it sucked. It's no doubt leaps and bounds easier than the i-phone... those guys are such cool-aid drinkers that they can't see it for themselves.

That being said, I don't think I would miss the physical keyboard. The extra screen would more than make up for any "getting used to" adjustments I would make going touchscreen.

Chad H.

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I agree with the key presses but I really was impressed with how good the call quality is with the Storm especially on 151.
    i call in 2 key presses...i guess 1 would be quicker :Eyecrazy:

oops...it takes me 3
    Last edited by catstide; 07-11-2009 at 10:03 PM.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hallwaypd View Post
    I'm a Sprint guy, so i don't have the luxury of owning a Storm (yet), however I have spent a good amount of time with it. I was surprised how easy it was to type with... especially after hearing so many of my "i-phoney" friends tell me how much it sucked. It's no doubt leaps and bounds easier than the i-phone... those guys are such cool-aid drinkers that they can't see it for themselves.

That being said, I don't think I would miss the physical keyboard. The extra screen would more than make up for any "getting used to" adjustments I would make going touchscreen.

Chad H.
    I don't plan on going back to one. Big screen for me:haha:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

bigdaddy2009 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    No way. i went in VZW store and was checking out BB's. couldnt type worth a S*** on a physical keyboard compared to my storm. lolol it only takes me 2 key presses to call someone. I cheat and use QL tho. LOLOL
    Last edited by bigdaddy2009; 07-13-2009 at 02:52 PM.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy2009
    No way. i went in VZW store and was checking out BB's. couldnt type worth a S*** on a physical keyboard compared to my storm. lolol it only takes me 2 key presses to call someone. I cheat and use QL tho. LOLOL
    I agree quickLaunch is awesome.

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hallwaypd View Post

Chad H.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I don't plan on going back to one. Big screen for me:haha:
    I love the acreage. It's like road frontage....you can't give it up..:laugh2:

tbcpn is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    The call quality on my Tour is outstanding--much better than my Storm with .151 or .132 / with and without every BBC hybrid.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcpn View Post
    The call quality on my Tour is outstanding--much better than my Storm with .151 or .132 / with and without every BBC hybrid.
    Thanks tb :fing02: I am glad to hear that

tbcpn is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Thanks tb :fing02: I am glad to hear that
    I just got off a 35 minute call on my Tour--sound quality was as good as a land line. Really.

I'm in a very strong signal Verizon area, but the 'acoustics' of the Tour (at least mine) on a call are excellent. Decidedly better than my Storm which is very good with the right .sfi file.
    Last edited by tbcpn; 07-13-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Lunars Edge Design is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Lunars Edge Design On Twitter Add Lunars Edge Design on Facebook
    Device
    PlayBook
    OS
    Liked
    34 times
    Storm is my first BB, and I can type fast with it so I couldn't really say with the button keys.

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    The Storm was my first BB, I now have the Tour so I guess you can say I went back. But I am getting to keep both and will add to my stable as I'm able. I am torn.....Yesterday I wanted to take the Tour back because typing on the KB was too much for me but today it was better.....I realized that I don't realy like typing on my storm because of the kb lag.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    The Storm was my first BB, I now have the Tour so I guess you can say I went back. But I am getting to keep both and will add to my stable as I'm able. I am torn.....Yesterday I wanted to take the Tour back because typing on the KB was too much for me but today it was better.....I realized that I don't realy like typing on my storm because of the kb lag.
    The good thing is that verizon has a 30 day return policy. So give it a couple of weeks and see what you think.

blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    Quicklaunch cures the key stroke issue. I can do most tasks that I do on a daily basis in 2 key presses.

send2steph is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow send2steph On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric's .509 hybrid
    Liked
    3 times
    Me too on lots of things:
    * I also try to touch the screen of non-touch phones to get things done
    * I love the real estate
    * no problem typing.

I actually find it harder to type on those little keys on a physical keyboard. Hubby has the 8330 Curve. I feel like the touchscreen is more forgiving and that I don't have to be as precise in my typing. Also, holding it landscape and typing is just more comfortable for me than trying to hold that tiny little thing and get both thumbs up there without bumping into each other.

BTW, I also have QL and love it. "Call Hubby" is the top of my QL list, so hitting the side button twice quickly dials his phone.

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

I absolutely could go back. While I have gotten Used to the touch screen I am eagerly waiting to be able to get a Tour. Anybody wanna buy a Storm? Or better yet trade a Tour for a Storm... Straight up?

Rednukleus is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    304EA69C
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

I would go for a physical keyboard if I didn't need to sacrifice screen size. My ideal setup would be touchscreen on the front, landscape keyboard and tiny one-line text-only screen on the back. I know it will never happen with any phone, but for me that would be perfection.

Ukyo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Ukyo On Twitter
    PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't have real big fingers but I was having some issues typing on my Tour so I'm going to go back to my Storm. I'm sure people will eventually get used to the hard keyboards as nobody was perfect with the Storm when it was first released. Ultimately comes down to personal preference.

B Jorje is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Storm is my first BB, so it took me a long time to discover the wonders of suretype. Now that I have, I've started using the two-keyboard approach, and it helps. I like the screen real estate and touch, but I think it'd be nice to have some alternate form of input as well for more precise manipulation. Sometimes I can't see the thing I'm pressing, because my finger is in the way! I think I'll stick with the Storm.
    .75 -> .148 -> .151 Hybrids -> v5
    Better and better!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast