Storm users, could you ever go back to a physical keyboard on a BB? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 86

Thread: Storm users, could you ever go back to a physical keyboard on a BB?

  1. #41
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

    Might be but the only one that played well with it for me is the bold...
    I am just saying what I read...cause I was pretty surprised as the journal mentioned that it was "blackberry users" that were getting this syndrome

    But, you use what works best for you and feels most comfortable. Carpal tunnel is not pleasant...some people end up having surgeries to release the tendons So, be careful




  2. #42
    TR_82 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Manitoba
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9530 for work 9550 for play
    OS
    .419 & .320
    Posts
    44
    Liked
    0 times
    I will gladly be going back to a keyboard this upcoming week (that is if Telus pulls their head out of their ... and launch the tour!), but I will admit I will be breaking out my Storm every now and then just to remind myself of how good it has been to me

  3. #43
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    I did have the Bold for a little while and wow that thing was like the cadillac of keyboards. I have yet to see a qwerty phone match how easy it is to use. I mean I could rip out 5 pages with no issues at all. Unfortunately AT&T has never had good reception in areas I have lived so I had to part ways with it. If AT&T was better I would probably still be using it.

  4. #44
    WaiTec's Avatar
    WaiTec is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 but may need to return to BBC's v8.5
    Posts
    37
    Liked
    0 times
    My fat fingers don't play nice with physical keyboards. However, I've never used a bold, which I hear (from others as well) work really well. What I like about the storm keyboard is my ability to use the larger SureType for most things and if I can't get it to spell correctly I simply tilt it and get the full qwerty. So I won't say I'll never go back, but two keyboards is better than one.

  5. #45
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WaiTec View Post
    My fat fingers don't play nice with physical keyboards. However, I've never used a bold, which I hear (from others as well) work really well. What I like about the storm keyboard is my ability to use the larger SureType for most things and if I can't get it to spell correctly I simply tilt it and get the full qwerty. So I won't say I'll never go back, but two keyboards is better than one.
    Amen to that.

  6. #46
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    SInce I know where you live Sean I am reporting you to the police LMAO.
    haha......!!!:laugh2:
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  7. #47
    polar135's Avatar
    polar135 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow polar135 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    PIN
    not for sharing
    Device
    Droix X FTW
    OS
    2.2
    Posts
    266
    Liked
    0 times
    always had a non smart besides a palm i use to have (non phone), then i came to verizon got the Samsung SCH-u740 (had a full keyboard) and then to the Storm. Couldnt go back as it stands now. probally need to play with the tour before i would even consider switching.. anything could happen.

  8. #48
    mmanuel552's Avatar
    mmanuel552 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow mmanuel552 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kiladelphia
    Device
    HTC Incredible / Droid /Pre +
    Posts
    299
    Liked
    1 times
    Love the storm but can fly on a real keyboard waiting for storm 2 if i dont like it will be getting the tour...

  9. #49
    blachance75's Avatar
    blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western Mass
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    0 times
    I couldn't give up the big screen. I had Palms before I got the Storm and I did like the keypad on it. It is a lot easier to get used to using a physical keyboard than the Storms keyboard, but now after using the storm for a day or 2 I could type with no problems. I'll have to try the tour out to see how I like it but I don't think I can give up the screen on the Storm.

  10. #50
    digdog's Avatar
    digdog is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Device
    9650/ Droid X/ Droid Incredible
    OS
    5.0.0.732
    Posts
    42
    Liked
    0 times

    Absolutely!!!

    I'm 16hrs & 14min. (current counter time on BBOS) away from ordering my Tour. I love my Storm, but I need & want a keyboard. It's too difficult typing on a touchscreen when you hvae bigger hands.

    I can't wait!!!!

  11. #51
    tnhwyman's Avatar
    tnhwyman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow tnhwyman On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    89
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by polar135 View Post
    I was helping a co-worker with their curve today, and by the end of the help session I was ready to throw the phone threw the wall because I kept trying to touch the screen and the small keyboard made my hands hurt. So the question is this, Storm users, could you ever go back to a physical keyboard on a BB?
    I had the same experience last night with a work buddy's curve. He was not able to get the Google map app to work on his curve, so he asked me to help. I kept touching the screen, not just once, but several times over. I could see myself buying a Blackberry with the physical keyboard, but never owning a bb before the Storm I carry now, just leaves me with the feeling that as long as its a Blackberry, I could do it. I got to admit, it was hell finding my way through his curve's zillion small icons to locate his options icon.

  12. #52
    polar135's Avatar
    polar135 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow polar135 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    PIN
    not for sharing
    Device
    Droix X FTW
    OS
    2.2
    Posts
    266
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tnhwyman View Post
    I had the same experience last night with a work buddy's curve. He was not able to get the Google map app to work on his curve, so he asked me to help. I kept touching the screen, not just once, but several times over. I could see myself buying a Blackberry with the physical keyboard, but never owning a bb before the Storm I carry now, just leaves me with the feeling that as long as its a Blackberry, I could do it. I got to admit, it was hell finding my way through his curve's zillion small icons to locate his options icon.
    i so could do it. depends on who big the screen is on the tour or BB's coming out in the future. I so need the big screen, the huge wall papers, the video, (cant wait for my kids swim meet next weekend so i can catch up on true blood on my BB.) i see in my future the Storm 2, and then who knows.

  13. #53
    SoCalMiles's Avatar
    SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Posts
    454
    Liked
    0 times
    Also, How many people are just gonna try to trade their Tour when Storm 2 comes out. I mean people like BBC, who gotta have em all, is one thing but i have a feeling there are going to be a lot of flip floppers when the hoopla for that phone starts. And if i gotta wait in line behind someone trading their tour in at my already packed, southern California Verizon store, i might lose it!!:aargh4:
    Underground Themer :240:
    Try out my themes-->So Professional , Buuf-Berry , Zen Hybrid 5.0 , iBB SLIDEr

  14. #54
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    Liked
    0 times
    After having the PEarl and using the Curve. The Strom is it for me. I can type just as fast as I could with those other phones. The screen on the Storm is AWESOME too. When the Storm2 comes out. I may upgrade to it, but wiht .151 and Crackmans Hybrid my phone rocks so why change

  15. #55
    SoCalMiles's Avatar
    SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Posts
    454
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by miami1683 View Post
    After having the PEarl and using the Curve. The Strom is it for me. I can type just as fast as I could with those other phones. The screen on the Storm is AWESOME too. When the Storm2 comes out. I may upgrade to it, but wiht .151 and Crackmans Hybrid my phone rocks so why change
    Exactly, unless you don't like touchscreens
    Underground Themer :240:
    Try out my themes-->So Professional , Buuf-Berry , Zen Hybrid 5.0 , iBB SLIDEr

  16. #56
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    189 times
    I do like the storms full screen with the integration of the keyboard, I don't think i could go back to the physical keyboard. I love all the screen area the phone has.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  17. #57
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    [QUOTE=Neolantis;66649]I do like the storms full screen with the integration of the keyboard, I don't think i could go back to the physical keyboard. I love all the screen area the phone has.[/QUOT

    My opinion has slowly swayed in your direction. With the technology and how responsive the keyboard has become, it's difficult to go back.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  18. #58
    polar135's Avatar
    polar135 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow polar135 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    PIN
    not for sharing
    Device
    Droix X FTW
    OS
    2.2
    Posts
    266
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by socalmiles View Post
    Also, How many people are just gonna try to trade their Tour when Storm 2 comes out. I mean people like BBC, who gotta have em all, is one thing but i have a feeling there are going to be a lot of flip floppers when the hoopla for that phone starts. And if i gotta wait in line behind someone trading their tour in at my already packed, southern California Verizon store, i might lose it!!:aargh4:
    off topic, but if you have a COSTCO membership and up for a two year upgrade or are alllowed upgrade early, thats so the way to go, they dont open to till ten (At least in Detroit) and normally no line. thats how i got my storm opening day back in Nov. 08. (just make sure that the dealer in costco is getting the tour)

  19. #59
    WaiTec's Avatar
    WaiTec is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 but may need to return to BBC's v8.5
    Posts
    37
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by palladino72 View Post
    I'm 16hrs & 14min. (current counter time on BBOS) away from ordering my Tour. I love my Storm, but I need & want a keyboard. It's too difficult typing on a touchscreen when you hvae bigger hands.

    I can't wait!!!!
    Just as a suggestion, but try using the SureType for most stuff and tilt to full qwerty as a last resort. That seems to work with my fat fingers.

  20. #60
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by WaiTec
    Quote Originally Posted by palladino72 View Post
    I'm 16hrs & 14min. (current counter time on BBOS) away from ordering my Tour. I love my Storm, but I need & want a keyboard. It's too difficult typing on a touchscreen when you hvae bigger hands.

    I can't wait!!!!
    Just as a suggestion, but try using the SureType for most stuff and tilt to full qwerty as a last resort. That seems to work with my fat fingers.
    SureType is the way for me

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •