Thread: Keeping the screen off while locked

B Jorje is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Keeping the screen off while locked

So I made the classic mistake of changing too many things at once, and now I don't know what caused a particular change. When I was running BBC v7, when I hit the lock button, the screen would turn off and couldn't be turned back on by clicking the screen. That was good! I liked it! So then I switched to OOAKPC 5.93, installed the Appleberry Dark theme, and patterlock (since so many people suggested it) and now clicking turns the screen back on. I'm assuming that it's a Patternlock thing, but I'm not sure... Anybody have any ideas on how to keep the screen from turning itself on in my pocket? It's killing my battery life! Thanks!

.75 -> .148 -> .151 Hybrids -> v5
    Better and better!

Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello B Jorje. I do not think it is a OS issue.

use Storm Slider but when I just activate the Storm Slider (Left Convenience key) it will still light up and come on. The only way to not have the screen come back on that I have found is to only use the Lock feature on the blackberry.. For example on the Storm it is top left button or you can hit the Lock icon on your application screen.

Does this help?
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Storm 2, Until 4/29 went to "INCREDIBLE"
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    I agree with Pain and just wanted to add, that if you use the BB lock key, without any 3rd party lock app, the screen will not come on, otherwise these apps override that.

B Jorje is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Gotcha. I'll have to think about it, then. I started using Patternlock primarily because I was a) accidentally hitting the unlock button and pocket dialing people and b) was irritated by the delay when you use the lock button. It's too bad. I guess keeping the screen locked off is a little too low-level in programming terms to muck with without actually modifying the OS. In any event, thanks again for the help!
    .75 -> .148 -> .151 Hybrids -> v5
    Better and better!

blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by B Jorje View Post
    Gotcha. I'll have to think about it, then. I started using Patternlock primarily because I was a) accidentally hitting the unlock button and pocket dialing people
    I have this issue too. I wish that they would put a sliding button, kind of like on ipods, instead of the push button.