Device
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (FIDO)
    OS
    .90/.148 Radio SFI Swap
    Liked
    0 times

From EDGE to edge

Good Evening,
    I have an Unlocked Telus Blackberry Storm 9530 on FIDO. I am using .148 OS with .90 radio. The problem is that suretype keyboard letters are very big and when i call somebody the numbers overlaps. Can you tell me what to do. I actually copied .90 sfi file and deleted .148 sfi file. Can you please tell me anyother radio that is as stable as .90. I know the .76 telus official is very stable the only problem is has no arabic letters. I don't mind downgrading to offical .76 if somebody can help me with arabic letter.

Regards,
    Ali

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ali303 View Post
    Good Evening,
    I have an Unlocked Telus Blackberry Storm 9530 on FIDO. I am using .148 OS with .90 radio. The problem is that suretype keyboard letters are very big and when i call somebody the numbers overlaps. Can you tell me what to do. I actually copied .90 sfi file and deleted .148 sfi file. Can you please tell me anyother radio that is as stable as .90. I know the .76 telus official is very stable the only problem is has no arabic letters. I don't mind downgrading to offical .76 if somebody can help me with arabic letter.

Regards,
    Ali
    I know many people had good luck with .132 radio...if you decide to try it, it will also fix the overlapping font. As far as arabic, what you can do is copy all arabic java .cods into a folder and then just add them to any OS....Here is a thread on how to add chinese, but you would just do the same with arabic: http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...hlight=chinese

Hope this helps....and also let's see what input others can give

ali303 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    3057C2BA
    Device
    OS
    .90/.148 Radio SFI Swap
    Liked
    0 times

Smile

Thanks for the reply i have tried .132 radio it may be good for CDMA but for GSM EDGE/GPRS it is not. Streaming on 132 is very bad i loose connections from EDGE to edge on .132 and then i have to restart. Any other information will be highly appreciated Thanks.
    Last edited by ali303; 07-08-2009 at 02:01 PM.

ali303 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    3057C2BA
    Device
    OS
    .90/.148 Radio SFI Swap
    Liked
    0 times

Smile

guys please help

sunkast Guest
    Here's what I would do if in your shoes. I would start over. Wipe the device using BBSAK, then install .151. Don't modify or install any themes or apps. Just leave as is to see if the issues are fixed. Then if all is well load your apps/themes.

tank244 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow tank244 On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ali303 View Post
    Good Evening,

Regards,
    Ali
    I agree, I would wipe then install .151. I can tell you form experience that.90 radio is the best for EDGE (data), however, .151 (which I've been running for 2 days) is pretty good so far. While web browsing, .151 has been perfect -- whats been very weird to me is that when I start Slacker Radio, I lose EDGE. It's weird -- now when I use Google Maps, the data connections is fine.

Go with.151 -- youll be happy with it.

joe11 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    onyx
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    hey guys, even though im on EDGE phone wont connect to internet, what should my tcp/ip should be? thanks just trying to get the best for it