Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times

Visual Arts app issues?

I was just curious if anyone else out there has Visual Arts on their phone as well as Quicklaunch and Meterberry, and wakes up everyday to an "Uncaught Exception! Visual Arts has stopped responding. Process Terminated." notice which then calls for the need to reboot the phone? This happens to me everyday, and only when my phone is set to turn off for a few hours at night. I contacted customer support and they said it's something that might be fixed in the next update, but didn't indicate when that would be. Anyway, any thoughts on this would be interesting.

Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

gordtm is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

I had it installed but deleted it.
    It seemed to be draining the battery to much

Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Total stab in the dark, have you tried deleting the app from your device and then a fresh install? Also may want to make sure all permissions are set to allow. Again just a quick stab in the dark I've never run that app.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    I am with Gord it was battery drainer.
    Last edited by Bryan; 07-08-2009 at 09:13 AM.

654321ROD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    4U2C
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Visual Arts

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I am with Gord it was battery drainer.
    Its a pity the battery drain is significant and I have experienced this.

A wallpaper change every so often especially with the Elle theme displaying the graphic capabilities of the storm seems to have compromising ramifications. Is there something else available or can the developer Toysoft not do something about this?

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 654321ROD View Post
    Its a pity the battery drain is significant and I have experienced this.

A wallpaper change every so often especially with the Elle theme displaying the graphic capabilities of the storm seems to have compromising ramifications. Is there something else available or can the developer Toysoft not do something about this?
    I have been looking at this one

Wallpaper Changer - Entertainment BlackBerry Software on OnlyBlackBerry.com

But just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. Seems to have several great reviews.

Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Liked
    2 times
    i had the trial version of visual arts, first off it wouldnt shuffle my wallpapers properly.. i had 40 wallpapers in a folders and it would repeat the same 20 or so... secondly, it would kill my battery.

great concept but my phone no like it too much.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Well thanks Guys n Gal. I think I will try uninstalling and reinstalling it and in the meantime I might check out that link of yours Bryan, who knows? I just like the concept because I have 100's of wallpapers and can not pick a favorite! ha But thanks for your input.
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I have been looking at this one

Wallpaper Changer - Entertainment BlackBerry Software on OnlyBlackBerry.com

But just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. Seems to have several great reviews.
    You know my review Bryan !!! ITS GOOD!! no significant battery drain at all. And i check meterberry often when i switch around my OS or radio!!

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by socalmiles View Post
    You know my review Bryan !!! ITS GOOD!! no significant battery drain at all. And i check meterberry often when i switch around my OS or radio!!
    Yeah I am thinking I might give this a shot and see

PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Liked
    0 times
    I even have mine set to change every 15 min, have been running it this way for bout 3 weeks:fing02:

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by socalmiles View Post
    I even have mine set to change every 15 min, have been running it this way for bout 3 weeks:fing02:
    That sounds pretty promising SoCal, might have to try it. Just don't like that I payed for Visual Arts and now it's a big FAIL!:angryfire:

By the way :cool2: I'm originally from El Cajon! How's the weather out there?
    Tucson is lousy, always HOT:firedevil: but the cost of living is so much better than Dago. (Sorry for the "off topic", if you want a BBM Bud, I'm @ 3056281E)

PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah can't beat the weather out here...never to hot or cold...95% of the time no clouds...definitely spoiled now. I lived in Buffalo NY for 20 years so i know BAAAD weather so its nice to be spoiled!!:cool2:

polar135 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow polar135 On Twitter
    PIN
    not for sharing
    Device
    Droix X FTW
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Here are some tip on using walls and apps like visual art wallpaper app or wallpaper shuffle by Fabian to change walls automatically.

I have a ton of walls (like 2500+) stored on my phone and i found that if i kept all the walls in one folder i would crash visual arts and wallpaper shuffle. so what i did is i made separate folders based on the letter of the ABC's. (did this on my computer with the storm plugged in and working on the 8gb micro card. Easier to manage the files with a mouse then ont he storm with BBfilescout. imo)

I tired to make so that each folder only had about 500 walls each in them so that the load type to choose a folder was shorter vs longer.

What i found is that this method works great for my wall addiction and i get to see way more walls. (just set the changer to ever half hour Plus Every Monday i change the folder it pulls from so i am always looking @ something new.

Both programs do what they are suppose to do:

Visual Arts-

has more options then Wallpaper Shuffle, cost $1.99 with a free trial. i have read posts that it effects battery performance on the storm but i have not noticed. you can find the software here-

VisualArts - Auto change wallpaper on the Storm - Entertainment BlackBerry Software on OnlyBlackBerry.com

Wallpaper Shuffle-

A few less options then VA, but is on sale right now for $1.50 threw July 15.

WallpaperShuffle - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software on OnlyBlackBerry.com

enjoy

Liked
    7 times
    Great tips Polar :fing02: thank you very much for posting. And may I say holy hell you have a lot of walls :bigeyes: