Outlook sync (calendar only) on BIS advice?

Thread: Outlook sync (calendar only) on BIS advice?

Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times

Outlook sync (calendar only) on BIS advice?

Wasn't sure where to post this. Please move if I have not posted in the correct forum. I only use my storm for personal email, calendar etc, I have not wanted to get everything jumbled together as I have read can easily happen. So here's my question. My boss just got her storm last week and she wants to sync her desktop outlook calendar (no email) to/from her storm. We use BIS, now, if I have correctly understood the many threads about syncing, she will need to sync using DM. She mainly wants to be able to access her calendar on the weekends. So the easiest way (she is a little technically challenged) I can see is she will need to sync with DM on Friday afternoon and then again on Monday morning. I'm concerned that I am thinking this is too easy based on all the discussions I have read about syncing. As usual, thanks again for the great advice here on BBOS!

Crickee

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    exactly what you said crikee...piece of cake

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    exactly what you said crikee...piece of cake
    Really????!!! Our IT person (not BB literate, nor wants to be, win mobile only) thought this was going to be extremely difficult and when I suggested this, he of course nay sayed! But he is not living the BB life!!! (I have seen the light as as a BB convert). Thanks! :beerchug::beerchug:
    Crickee

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    Really????!!! Our IT person (not BB literate, nor wants to be, win mobile only) thought this was going to be extremely difficult and when I suggested this, he of course nay sayed! But he is not living the BB life!!! (I have seen the light as as a BB convert). Thanks! :beerchug::beerchug:
    no problem :beerchug:

Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    The only thing I would add is that if your boss has the BB configured for multiple email accounts to make sure that the proper account is set to default in options > advanced > default services. Good luck

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    The only thing I would add is that if your boss has the BB configured for multiple email accounts to make sure that the proper account is set to default in options > advanced > default services. Good luck
    Thanks, she only has one email account on her BB at least that is easy! I read somewhere I believe from mePascal on here that syncing email and calendar functions are easier on BIS with the 5.0 files. I guess we get to wait on that. . . :grumble:
    Crickee

Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    Thanks, she only has one email account on her BB at least that is easy! I read somewhere I believe from mePascal on here that syncing email and calendar functions are easier on BIS with the 5.0 files. I guess we get to wait on that. . . :grumble:
    It's pretty straight forward regardless of your OS/device. Making sure the config is set up in DM is the only real setup. Again, best of luck.

Miata492 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Miata492 On Twitter
    PIN
    OT NOIR
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    i use thinkpost.net to wirelessly sync my calendar, notes, tasks, memos. works great! its like a poor mans BES for $4 per month! the support is great from them too.