Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by phred.phlintstone View Post
    As I recall you can wipe your phone while saving the Apps by going to Options/Security Options/General Settings then the BB Key and select Wipe Handheld. There is an option popup that asks if you want to save the 3rd Party Apps before doing the wipe. I have only done this once, several months ago, but it may require DM to save the apps (a little fog here).
    That doesn't wipe your OS though. Only your data files. To totally wipe you need to do the Security Options wipe then a JL/BBSAK wipe.

Yes, the Security Options wipe is essentially what the OP did to his phone.

trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    May seem risky yes, hence the disclaimer, but i have yet to have a single problem with my phone after doing this. What are the chances that i happened to interrupt it RIGHT after it finished wiping apps? very slim i have to say at the very most. I didnt write this post for everyone to go out and try it, just thought it may be useful in some way for developers to add in an option for app removal only on a similar program.

trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by skram.1 View Post
    this kind of wipe can be done on your blackberry. options>security options>general settings>blackberry key>wipe handheld. It will have a box to check if you want to erase 3rd party apps. after wiping its like right out of the box, if you left 3rd party unchecked you will still have 3rd party apps. It wont be .75 out of the box but whatever os you installed
    Right but its not the same.. you would have to see it to konw what i mean. im aware of the wipe option in the menu :P

Though it does have a similar effect i still think developers should give more options as far as wiping/restoring since backups are kind of a pain, its like reloading a computer with a bad image just to get your contacts and things back.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Every time I wipe my phone I can save my 3rd party apps, contacts, memos are deleted....etc. But my modules stay the same. How do I do a true wipe of my phone?

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    Every time I wipe my phone I can save my 3rd party apps, contacts, memos are deleted....etc. But my modules stay the same. How do I do a true wipe of my phone?
    I would suggest you back everything up (including 3rd party apps), then do the following: options>security options>general settings>blackberry key>wipe handheld,
    Followed by either JL_Cmdr or BBSAK wipe....then load desired OS.

Many people noticed that the phone behaves much better after a security wipe

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I would suggest you back everything up (including 3rd party apps), then do the following: options>security options>general settings>blackberry key>wipe handheld,
    Followed by either JL_Cmdr or BBSAK wipe....then load desired OS.

Many people noticed that the phone behaves much better after a security wipe
    I've done the security wipe and you are correct, my phone did behave better and loaded up 42, but I do not have enough apps on my phone, to be loading up that low. I have tried JL_Cmdr, but having issues with vista.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    I've done the security wipe and you are correct, my phone did behave better and loaded up 42, but I do not have enough apps on my phone, to be loading up that low. I have tried JL_Cmdr, but having issues with vista.
    Have you tried BBSAK? It plays nice with Vista.

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Have you tried BBSAK? It plays nice with Vista.
    no I have not.....would you happen to have a link on hand? Thanks!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast