PIN
    Head
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

File/Folder management

So just curious if anyone has thought or knows specifically about how the OS recognizes, organizes and displays files. BB's OS is much smarter than my LG chocolate was for displaying albums in the correct track seq. The music files obviously don't have to be in a folder to be recognized as part of an album, it has just seemed a cleaner way to manage the library between computer and phone in that I only have to move a folder for an album.

Does a larger number of folders affect performance and in what ways? I'm not a java programmer but on a Unix, Windows or ZOS platform it's not much of an issue.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LarzOfMarz View Post
    So just curious if anyone has thought or knows specifically about how the OS recognizes, organizes and displays files. BB's OS is much smarter than my LG chocolate was for displaying albums in the correct track seq. The music files obviously don't have to be in a folder to be recognized as part of an album, it has just seemed a cleaner way to manage the library between computer and phone in that I only have to move a folder for an album.

Does a larger number of folders affect performance and in what ways? I'm not a java programmer but on a Unix, Windows or ZOS platform it's not much of an issue.
    Well if you are storing you this on you SD card you will see no performance difference at all. If you are storing this on your device you may see some performance issues but only if you use all or must of your on-board memory.

LarzOfMarz is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Head
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Logic leads me to a concurrent conclusion...

you will now be assimilated!

LarzOfMarz is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Head
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Heh, this sure would have fit nicely in brohlijk's post about unnecessary file deletion. Didn't look before I leapedteddeded...

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LarzOfMarz View Post
    Heh, this sure would have fit nicely in brohlijk's post about unnecessary file deletion. Didn't look before I leapedteddeded...
    LOL, so true. thank goodness for BBFileScout.