Opera mini won't work right on my Storm. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opera mini won't work right on my Storm.

sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    Since this tip will help out a bunch of fellow BB users, does this mean that my Rep Power will go up? Not sure how that works.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    Since this tip will help out a bunch of fellow BB users, does this mean that my Rep Power will go up? Not sure how that works.
    Here ya go Sean take a look at this thread

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/n...on-points.html

PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    OK, thanks Bryan. I wasn't sure if it was generated on it's own. Thanks for the link. Also, thanks for the feedback.

Liked
    7 times
    OK, thanks Bryan. I wasn't sure if it was generated on it's own. Thanks for the link. Also, thanks for the feedback.
    You are welcome Sean and thanks for the tip :fing02:

PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    You are welcome Sean and thanks for the tip :fing02:
    LOL, thanks Bryan but my name is Edwin. :09:

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    think bryan is in full on holiday mode! a little bit of :alcoholic: and WAY TO MUCH :439:
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

Liked
    7 times
    Crap sorry at: don't mind me

Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    think bryan is in full on holiday mode! a little bit of :alcoholic: and WAY TO MUCH :439:
    Apparently :lmao:

Rednukleus is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    304EA69C
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    sezaro21 is the man. Some less worthy but still important opera mini tips:

* Turn "auto complete address input" off. Fixes compatibility issue on storm and you get more options like show current address, copy paste.

* On the start page, under the address bar is a customizable list of search engines. Don't rotate your phone while using this feature or the search will not execute.

* If you can't reach a link on a page for some reason, use the landscape U N H K keys to move the cursor.

* If an image doesn't load, or it loaded a tiny version that you can't make out, hold your finger on it and try "open image" from the pop up menu. If that didn't help, scroll to bottom of image, tap Open, and in bb browser hit menu>full image.

* The scrollbar is active. You may tap it to pgup pgdn and drag it to scroll anywhere.

* You can get rid of the title bar. Open the keyboard and hit ** to do this.

* You can disable the page zoom-out feature. Turn off "show overview" in settings. pages will always load at normal zoom.

* Enter opera:config as an address to access more options. I recommend disabling "fold link lists" and "phone number detection."
    Last edited by Rednukleus; 07-05-2009 at 08:34 AM.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rednukleus View Post

Turn "auto complete address input" off. Fixes compatibility issue on storm and you get more options like show current address, copy paste.

On the start page, under the address bar is a customizable list of search engines. Don't rotate your phone while using this feature or the search will not execute.

If you can't reach a link on a page for some reason, use the landscape U N H K keys to move the cursor.

If an image doesn't load, or it loaded a tiny version that you can't make out, hold your finger on it and try "open image" from the pop up menu.

The scrollbar is active. You may tap it to pgup pgdn and drag it to scroll anywhere.

You can get rid of the title bar. Open the keyboard and hit ** to do this.

You can disable the page zoom-out feature. Turn off "show overview" in settings. pages will always load at normal zoom.

Enter opera:config as an address to access more options. I recommend disabling "fold link lists" and "phone number detection."
    Great tips!!! There is also a super user setting preferences...I will post a link later...my phone battery is dead

***You just added the config that's the one I meant :banana:

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Fine tuning an already great browser

Thanks for the tips everyone! :fing02:
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

Liked
    7 times

* Turn "auto complete address input" off. Fixes compatibility issue on storm and you get more options like show current address, copy paste.

* On the start page, under the address bar is a customizable list of search engines. Don't rotate your phone while using this feature or the search will not execute.

* If you can't reach a link on a page for some reason, use the landscape U N H K keys to move the cursor.

* If an image doesn't load, or it loaded a tiny version that you can't make out, hold your finger on it and try "open image" from the pop up menu. If that didn't help, scroll to bottom of image, tap Open, and in bb browser hit menu>full image.

* The scrollbar is active. You may tap it to pgup pgdn and drag it to scroll anywhere.

* You can disable the page zoom-out feature. Turn off "show overview" in settings. pages will always load at normal zoom.

* Enter opera:config as an address to access more options. I recommend disabling "fold link lists" and "phone number detection."
    Outstanding tips Red :fing02: I love learning something new :arms:

PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times

Thanks, appreciate it. with everything that everyone gives on here, I thought I would try and give back. Thanks for all your tips as well They are great. :fing02:

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    I sure did you give you rep points for this one. Made surfing with Opera much more enjoyable. thanks again.

PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I sure did you give you rep points for this one. Made surfing with Opera much more enjoyable. thanks again.
    Thanks, I appreciate that. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

taichi is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    hybrid
    Liked
    0 times

opera:config is invalid address. Any idea?

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taichi View Post
    opera:config is invalid address. Any idea?
    You need to make sure opera and config are all under case letters

taichi is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    You need to make sure opera and config are all under case letters
    got it. Thanks !

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taichi View Post
    got it. Thanks !
    Anytime :fing02: and welcome to BlackberryOS

phred.phlintstone is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.328 BBC V10
    Liked
    0 times
    I found a way to not have the pop up anymore.* First make sure that your firewall is enabled.options>security options>firewall>status> enabled Next do this.options>security options>application permissions>operamini>edit permissions>connections>internet>prompt When you go to use Opera Mini the next time you should get a different pop up where you can check 2 boxes.Make sure to check both boxes and choose allow.* From that point on you shouldn't ever see that annoying pop up again.* Hope this helps.* This has made browsing so much better.
    Unfortunately, turning on the Firewall does have some side effects on other applications, e.g. MeterBerry (and probably QuickPull) will no longer reset the Storm. I am sure there are other applications that will not work fully until you figure out which Firewall setting to change to Prompt and do all of the check boxes.http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/i...cons/icon9.gif

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Thanks phred, the Firewall did freak some of my apps out, especially MB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast