Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    Please keep in mind this is my first ever bb. I read somewhere that you hold down the mute button for a few seconds. This never works for my storm. Is there another way or am I doing something wrong?

Also if the phone is in sleep mode will you still get your messages and phone calls?
    How bought this..."bedside mode". Go to clock> click screen> click enter bedside mode. Now at Clock screen hit BB button > options > bedside mode, and you can disable LED, RADIO, and dim screen.

If you plug in your charger...takes you to clock.

As far as your case, and sleep mode...it's not useless. I have a holster that turns the screen off when I put the phone in it...just like yours. If I get a call, SMS, email, etc...phone rings, and all is well...it automatically pops out of "sleep mode"...so the case will save your battery and you won't notice anything. Case does quickly what your screen does when it fades out while idle....

Dukins is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    3117DA67
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    How bought this..."bedside mode". Go to clock> click screen> click enter bedside mode. Now at Clock screen hit BB button > options > bedside mode, and you can disable LED, RADIO, and dim screen.

If you plug in your charger...takes you to clock.

As far as your case, and sleep mode...it's not useless. I have a holster that turns the screen off when I put the phone in it...just like yours. If I get a call, SMS, email, etc...phone rings, and all is well...it automatically pops out of "sleep mode"...so the case will save your battery and you won't notice anything. Case does quickly what your screen does when it fades out while idle....

I didnt want to turn radio off, just something to not let my battery die out so quick. By the end of the day my battery is shot. I think with this new case, standby mode will help with my battery issues. Thanks for the help.

Yes crush I will let you know how/if it helps out. Im pretty sure it will.
    Apps: Quicklaunch, BerryWeather, Call blocker, Patternlock, MemoryEye, BBFileScout, QuickPull.
    FAV. Themes: HTC 1.0 95xx - ECruz, Minimal Bold Theme & Brushed Aluminum - RSmiff, BBAmped by Natemz

Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    I didnt want to turn radio off, just something to not let my battery die out so quick. By the end of the day my battery is shot. I think with this new case, standby mode will help with my battery issues. Thanks for the help.

Yes crush I will let you know how/if it helps out. Im pretty sure it will.
    The case will help some...but your BB screen fades to Standby mode after a minute or 2 of idle, and the case does the same thing, just a little bit quicker.:13:
    Last edited by Orio; 07-02-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12