Q: I see an Error Code 4 and/or a "MeterBerryResetStub has been denied the "Cross Application Communication" permission" error message when I try to do a soft-reset?
A: MeterBerry requires that the default
value for the Cross Application Communication permission be set to "Allow". MeterBerry's soft-reset engine is much more robust than those in other soft-reset applications, and one of the tradeoffs is that it requires this permission. To set it:
1. Go to Options (wrench) -> Security Options -> Application Permissions.
2. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Default Permissions". Make sure to choose the default permissions, not "Edit Permissions".
3. Expand the "Interactions" section.
4. Set the "Cross Application Communication" permission to "Allow".
5. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.