Meterberry won't reset w. .148/v7.1.2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66

Thread: Meterberry won't reset w. .148/v7.1.2

  1. #1
    snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216
    Liked
    1 times

    Meterberry won't reset w. .148/v7.1.2

    Is anyone having problems w. their meterberry being unable to reset your phone after installing .148/hybrid v7.1.2?

    I'm getting the following error: "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error"

    When I click through this I get the following: "Unable to reset device. Error Code: 4"

    Interestingly now, when I do a battery pull, I also get the same message ("Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error") when the device first boots up.

    Thanks to all for any insights!

    (fyi, I'm running radio .132 on top of the .148 OS)
    Last edited by snmemx; 07-02-2009 at 05:53 AM.




  2. #2
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    Is anyone having problems w. their meterberry being unable to reset your phone after installing .148/hybrid v7.1.2?

    I'm getting the following error: "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error"

    When I click through this I get the following: "Unable to reset device. Error Code: 4"

    Interestingly now, when I do a battery pull, I also get the same message ("Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error") when the device first boots up.

    Thanks to all for any insights!

    (fyi, I'm running radio .132 on top of the .148 OS)
    I went to Meterberry's website and found this:

    Q: I see an Error Code 4 and/or a "MeterBerryResetStub has been denied the "Cross Application Communication" permission" error message when I try to do a soft-reset?
    A: MeterBerry requires that the default value for the Cross Application Communication permission be set to "Allow". MeterBerry's soft-reset engine is much more robust than those in other soft-reset applications, and one of the tradeoffs is that it requires this permission. To set it:
    1. Go to Options (wrench) -> Security Options -> Application Permissions.
    2. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Default Permissions". Make sure to choose the default permissions, not "Edit Permissions".
    3. Expand the "Interactions" section.
    4. Set the "Cross Application Communication" permission to "Allow".
    5. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.
    Hope that helps :-)
    Last edited by Kris; 07-02-2009 at 05:55 AM.

  3. #3
    snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    I went to Meterberry's website and found this:

    Hope that helps :-)
    Thanks, this is good info to have. Unfortunately in this case, when I go into the "edit default permissions, cross application communication is already set to "allow".

  4. #4
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    Thanks, this is good info to have. Unfortunately in this case, when I go into the "edit default permissions, cross application communication is already set to "allow".

    everything is set to allow ?

    If not try setting everything to allow and see if that works.

  5. #5
    snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    everything is set to allow ?

    If not try setting everything to allow and see if that works.
    Yes, everything was set to allow when I just went in...haven't changed anything.

  6. #6
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    Yes, everything was set to allow when I just went in...haven't changed anything.

    And i am guessing that you have tried the hole battery pull for 60 sec. and all

  7. #7
    snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    And i am guessing that you have tried the hole battery pull for 60 sec. and all
    I did the "official" 3 pulls for 60sec last night after installing .148.

    One thing that was kindof weird was that everything was working fine when I did the pulls...no errors when the device came back up. Then I was testing my re-install of tetherberry and after it worked fine, I attempted to exit the program and it wouldn't quit, so after fiddling w. it for a minute, I just did a battery pull to kill it and when the phone came back up, I started getting the java error message that now comes up when I try to reset w. meterberry.

  8. #8
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    I did the "official" 3 pulls for 60sec last night after installing .148.

    One thing that was kindof weird was that everything was working fine when I did the pulls...no errors when the device came back up. Then I was testing my re-install of tetherberry and after it worked fine, I attempted to exit the program and it wouldn't quit, so after fiddling w. it for a minute, I just did a battery pull to kill it and when the phone came back up, I started getting the java error message that now comes up when I try to reset w. meterberry.
    Maybe try removing Tetherberry and see if that's what causing the problem ? just and idea to try

    I'm getting the following error: "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error"
    are you getting any error code with this as well or no ?
    Last edited by Kris; 07-02-2009 at 06:14 AM.

  9. #9
    snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    Maybe try removing Tetherberry and see if that's what causing the problem ? just and idea to try
    Good idea, I'll give it a shot.

    Ok, I deleted tetherberry, pulled the battery, and it just came back up...but with that same "Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error" message...

  10. #10
    snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    Maybe try removing Tetherberry and see if that's what causing the problem ? just and idea to try

    are you getting any error code with this as well or no ?
    When I pull the battery, I get the java error but no subsequent error code. The phone seems to run fine otherwise.

  11. #11
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    When I pull the battery, I get the java error but no subsequent error code. The phone seems to run fine otherwise.

    Hmmm this is odd did meterberry work fine before you installed Tetherberry ?

  12. #12
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    So after googling that Error Message i got this from the blackberry forums go take a look :-)

    Link:Re: Error Message "Uncaught exception java.lang error" - BlackBerry® Device Software - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

    i am thinking you MIGHT have to uninstall meterberry and then see if you get the same error code

  13. #13
    snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    Hmmm this is odd did meterberry work fine before you installed Tetherberry ?
    Everything was working ok before the phone wouldn't stop tetherberry. I saw the thread (re meterberry) and will try removing meterberry....results in a minute...

  14. #14
    snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216
    Liked
    1 times
    Meterberry is off...phone reset...same error: Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error.

  15. #15
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    Meterberry is off...phone reset...same error: Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error.

    If your still getting the error and this is the thing i would do i would reload the OS cause i can't really think of anything else that might be causing it. I will try to google some more information on the Error


    What other apps do you have ?

    Go to service book and see if you see anything for Tetherberry or Meterberry, im throwing all idea's out there right now! WHERE ARE THE SMART MODS lol
    Last edited by Kris; 07-02-2009 at 06:33 AM.

  16. #16
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    good stuff kris...
    snmemx,you might also try to uninstall meterberry,reboot then reinstall it.

  17. #17
    snmemx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    If your still getting the error and this is the thing i would do i would reload the OS cause i can't really think of anything else that might be causing it. I will try to google some more information on the Error


    What other apps do you have ?
    Meterberry
    Storm slider
    Berry buzz
    Weatherbug
    Ubertwitter
    google maps
    pandora
    bloomberg
    WSJ
    street.com
    facebook

    If I have no choice, I'll reload the OS...I just really hate to have to re-tweak everything after the install:crying:

  18. #18
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    good stuff kris...
    snmemx,you might also try to uninstall meterberry,reboot then reinstall it.

    Yea he has uninstalled it already and is still getting the error

  19. #19
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    Meterberry
    Storm slider
    Berry buzz
    Weatherbug
    Ubertwitter
    google maps
    pandora
    bloomberg
    WSJ
    street.com
    facebook

    If I have no choice, I'll reload the OS...I just really hate to have to re-tweak everything after the install:crying:

    I so agree i just had to do this as well :-(

    Have you went through the service books yet ?

    And actually try clearing your Browser cache and everything
    Last edited by Kris; 07-02-2009 at 06:39 AM.

  20. #20
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    Yea he has uninstalled it already and is still getting the error
    ha,sorry.i'm a little slow this morning....more coffee...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •