PIN
    304EA69C
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS

Blackberry OS is tragically less customizable than other smartphone/PDA OS's

I have the Storm because Verizon doesn't offer anything better. Before I bought it, it never occurred to me to check whether the keyboard could be customized by third party developers. Isn't that the point of making the keyboard virtual?

I am interested in putting a farsi keyboard on my phone. It seems that people developed this for all the other smartphone varieties. The Storm board is locked tight...

I had the arabic keyboard but it needs just a few more letters to be farsi as well. I didn't think to hold my finger on some keys to see if more letters pop up. I'll reinstall arabic and check.

Quote Originally Posted by Rednukleus View Post
    I have the Storm because Verizon doesn't offer anything better. Before I bought it, it never occurred to me to check whether the keyboard could be customized by third party developers. Isn't that the point of making the keyboard virtual?

I am interested in putting a farsi keyboard on my phone. It seems that people developed this for all the other smartphone varieties. The Storm board is locked tight...

I had the arabic keyboard but it needs just a few more letters to be farsi as well. I didn't think to hold my finger on some keys to see if more letters pop up. I'll reinstall arabic and check.

I'm not sure if it's possible and if it was I think it would take A LOT of work, but for me I don't need to customize it all that much I can put themes and everything so that make me happy.

I don't think RIM really thought about the whole customization being's a LOT of business people use it and wouldn't really care about that part.

I do know you can add different languages to the phone instead of English but it's sort of limited

If you don't know how to add languages take a look here at this link to a Guide i made when i got bored at 2AM lol
    https://share.acrobat.com/adc/docume...2-903e3ac89454

But it would be pretty awesome for it to be able to be customized :-)
    Last edited by Kris; 07-01-2009 at 05:41 AM.

PIN
    304EA69C
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I am also thinking about stuff like the FITALY keyboard which is arranged for stylus or one-fingered input. That was a great add-on for my old Palm. I understand what you are saying about the Blackberry being business oriented. Next time I buy a phone I'll do more research. I don't regret the Storm because Verizon doesn't have anything that beats is.