PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Quote Originally Posted by burridge007 View Post
    Thanks for clearing that out!!!
    it is true but not entirely correct, and i know that Jlev is my friend he wouldnt be mad at me if i write this He is right in some way but i can explain more Except that the backdoor that i told u it works 100% and it has to do with the manufacture date of the phone but my back door that i gave u works with ANY phone in the world anywhere anytime

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by bmerdinian View Post
    Jlev, you know me man, i dont say anything except if i have proof and tested. I have an Unlocked phone and still the same. The CDMA part of the phone uses triangulation and GSM part uses the GPS part of the phone to locate. Try what i told you and you see it will work no need to confirm with any 1 not with anything Im ur man. I cant go against company rules im limited to my asnwer but trust me on this 1 :P
    B I know you have tested this out. The problem is that in the US on a locked VZW device you cannot pick up a GSM network. On Telus you might be able to but not VZW. SO perhaps that works with Telus customers but since my vzw device doesn't work on GSM not sure how your fix is relevant for VZW. All I know for sure is the Blackberry Storm GPS is fully unlocked on vzw

watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    does it drain your battery signicantly if you leave your location to on???

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    does it drain your battery signicantly if you leave your location to on???
    Some say it can have a negative impact on both battery and memory. However, I have yet to see that effect on my phone. If you don't use GPS all that often just switch to E911 to be safe.

bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    B I know you have tested this out. The problem is that in the US on a locked VZW device you cannot pick up a GSM network. On Telus you might be able to but not VZW. SO perhaps that works with Telus customers but since my vzw device doesn't work on GSM not sure how your fix is relevant for VZW. All I know for sure is the Blackberry Storm GPS is fully unlocked on vzw
    npw you are talking and yes it does drain if you have location on all the time. Jlevy you are right about vzw. clear your pm its full and pm me i need something bro please

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by bmerdinian View Post
    npw you are talking and yes it does drain if you have location on all the time. Jlevy you are right about vzw. clear your pm its full and pm me i need something bro please
    I deleted some PM's so it should be clear now. However, I will send you a PM.

tank244 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow tank244 On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Bottom line is this---it doesnt matter what network you are on when it comes to GPS -- I have an unlocked storm on tmobile and the gps works. Understand that Google Maps on the Storm is pretty new with working with the GPS. When Google Maps tells you you are within 1000 meters or 500 meters the GPS is not giving you your location --- your position is determined using cell phone towers or triangulation, which is why it isnt as accurate. If you GPS is not working -- make sure you are outside -- I have noticed that being in buildings and houses can easily restrict the GPS from working. Understand that the GPS unit in the storm isnt as powerful as say a Tom-Tom. On google maps just keep hitting the blue button on the lower right part of the screen, it will tell you if your GPS is not ready or working. If it still doesnt work and you are outside, try a reboot---if it still doesnt work, see if it will work with blackberry maps. If it doesnt then its probably just your location. There can be may factors contributing to your gps not working. Just understand that it has nothing to do with what network provider you have, think of you GPS as a loaner. Its on its own, its own entity. I am sure the next release of Google Maps with for the Storm will be much more consistent --- may Google will just wait for 5.0 to come out. Also, I have BBCrackman 7.2 installed which prevents BB Maps from working so I use Google Maps --- Google Maps is ten times better anyway. Just remember, the storms GPS isnt as powerful as a specifically GPS designed device --- its a smart phone, not a Tom Tom --- so manage your expectations.

Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!

Christian
    T-Mobile
    Unlocked BB Storm 9530
    BBCrackman V7.2 on 4.7.148 - .90 radio

"5.0 better hold a friggin EDGE connection, .90 radio is the king of re-boots!!!"

Fletchdude is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Fletchdude On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Anyone have an opinion of what the best GPS is? One that actually reads off the Lat and Long, and not Degrees....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast