Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 36

  1. #9
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    When Google maps first boots up it will say within 500 meters but if you hit the blue circle on lower right hand side, GPS will kick in and will give you a location, i.e. 10 meters.
    Good call Jlevy73!



  2. #10
    guanuck's Avatar
    guanuck is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    GUIN
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    385
    Ok so I talked to bemerdenian he said its the CDMA network. He also said that there is a way around this:
    1) Open google maps
    2) Press on the blue locate me
    3) Options>Netwrok Connections> Change it to GSM
    4) Go back to google maps and locate
    5) Wait 1 minute and then go back to network connections and select global

    Now everything works but if u restart device it forgets and you have to do this again.

    Thanks to bmerdenian for this!!!!!

  3. #11
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Yeah I've always had location on as well....And like I said earlier, when I used Gmaps it alwas said within 500m however, when I switched over to BB Maps it puts me spot on wherever I'm at.....If it's network, It's Google network...
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    When Google maps first boots up it will say within 500 meters but if you hit the blue circle on lower right hand side, GPS will kick in and will give you a location, i.e. 10 meters.
    Awwwh...It's prolly Mac related app somewhere that you picked up Jlevy.
    I'm still tryin to get around that run.dll error on my PC....:bye:
    Last edited by MePascal; 06-30-2009 at 02:32 PM.



  4. #12
    fandum is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    305D8D50
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    4.7.0.113
    Posts
    4
    I get anything between within 50 ft to 300 ft at any given time. I think it depends on weather condictions, direct line to the satelites, etc.

  5. #13
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by burridge007 View Post
    Ok so I talked to bemerdenian he said its the CDMA network. He also said that there is a way around this:
    1) Open google maps
    2) Press on the blue locate me
    3) Options>Netwrok Connections> Change it to GSM
    4) Go back to google maps and locate
    5) Wait 1 minute and then go back to network connections and select global

    Now everything works but if u restart device it forgets and you have to do this again.

    Thanks to bmerdenian for this!!!!!
    Nice info from Bmerd however this is something i need clarify. It is not the CDMA network that restricts GPS it is the individial carrier. Verizon, which uses CDMA in the US locked GPS on google. After many complaints VZW unlocked it. So the GPS is carrier specific, not CDMA.



  6. #14
    guanuck's Avatar
    guanuck is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    GUIN
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Nice info from Bmerd however this is something i need clarify. It is not the CDMA network that restricts GPS it is the individial carrier. Verizon, which uses CDMA in the US locked GPS on google. After many complaints VZW unlocked it. So the GPS is carrier specific, not CDMA.
    Thanks for clearing that out!!!

  7. #15
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by burridge007 View Post
    Thanks for clearing that out!!!
    Any time!

  8. #16
    bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Nice info from Bmerd however this is something i need clarify. It is not the CDMA network that restricts GPS it is the individial carrier. Verizon, which uses CDMA in the US locked GPS on google. After many complaints VZW unlocked it. So the GPS is carrier specific, not CDMA.
    Jlev, you know me man, i dont say anything except if i have proof and tested. I have an Unlocked phone and still the same. The CDMA part of the phone uses triangulation and GSM part uses the GPS part of the phone to locate. Try what i told you and you see it will work no need to confirm with any 1 not with anything Im ur man. I cant go against company rules im limited to my asnwer but trust me on this 1 :P

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •