SMS/MMS won't rotate to landscape .148
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: SMS/MMS won't rotate to landscape .148

  1. #1
    frielfanatic's Avatar
    frielfanatic is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow frielfanatic On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    PIN
    pin:333BC5
    Device
    z10
    OS
    10.1.0.4534
    Carrier
    verizon
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times

    SMS/MMS won't rotate to landscape .148

    One of my employees is running the official .148 and his screen won't rotate to landscape in sms/mms. I have never had this problem. Has anyone experienced this or know a fix?




  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frielfanatic View Post
    One of my employees is running the official .148 and his screen won't rotate to landscape in sms/mms. I have never had this problem. Has anyone experienced this or know a fix?
    Is he using any of the screen rotation apps? Like stop tilt? Has he tried a battery pull yet?

  3. #3
    frielfanatic's Avatar
    frielfanatic is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow frielfanatic On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    PIN
    pin:333BC5
    Device
    z10
    OS
    10.1.0.4534
    Carrier
    verizon
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    I did not see any rotation apps on his phone. He ran quick pull, but I'll have him do a 60 second pull. Thanks for the quick response Bryan!

  4. #4
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frielfanatic View Post
    I did not see any rotation apps on his phone. He ran quick pull, but I'll have him do a 60 second pull. Thanks for the quick response Bryan!
    No problem also one other thing I had this issue with a 3rd party theme once awhile ago. I forget which one it was but I had to delete and reinstall the theme to correct the issue. If he is running a theme have him switch to another one or the default and see if the issue still happens.

  5. #5
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Never experienced the issue but did not lag in the .148. Maybe his memory is low too. Get a couple battery pulls like bryan said. He is thw gury.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  6. #6
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    running official .148 here with a third party theme and not having the issue you described.

  7. #7
    blachance75's Avatar
    blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western Mass
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    0 times
    I have noticed that with hidden today themes if I go into a message through the hidden link then I can't switch between horizantal and landscape. If I rotate the phone to landscape I get the landscape menu, when I rotate it vertical again I'm back in the sms. My phone has done this with every hidden today theme I've installed while running ahybrid OS.

  8. #8
    blachance75's Avatar
    blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western Mass
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    0 times
    If I go into a message through the message icon I don't have any problems switching between landscape and vertical.

  9. #9
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blachance75 View Post
    If I go into a message through the message icon I don't have any problems switching between landscape and vertical.
    Interesting? Like I said I had the problem on one theme that I used to have (and it was a hidden today) but not on any of the newer ones.

  10. #10
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi kids! I have your answer... If you hit the app. that says MESSAGES you will see messages from every messanger. If in that specific theme, you can go to the individual messanger it won't happen. But you can also go into messages>options>separate messenger and go to individual messanger. Its only because they are all together.:fing02:

  11. #11
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Hi kids! I have your answer... If you hit the app. that says MESSAGES you will see messages from every messanger. If in that specific theme, you can go to the individual messanger it won't happen. But you can also go into messages>options>separate messenger and go to individual messanger. Its only because they are all together.:fing02:
    Jason how does that help with the phone not displaying in landscape mode at:
    Last edited by Bryan; 07-01-2009 at 09:35 PM.

  12. #12
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Jason how does that help with the phone not displaying in landscape mode at:
    Everyone try it. Sorry it is actually,Messages>BB Button>General Options>sms and Email settings> change separate. If they start in landscape it will screw up vertically and verticall to landscape mode. If this option isn't changed.:fing02:But , You have to use the individual app icon for that messanger.
    Last edited by Bryan; 07-01-2009 at 09:36 PM.

  13. #13
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Everyone try it. Sorry it is actually,Messages>BB Button>General Options>sms and Email settings> change separate. If they start in landscape it will screw up vertically and verticall to landscape mode. If this option isn't changed.:fing02:But , You have to use the individual app icon for that messanger.
    Nice Jason works for me.

  14. #14
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Everyone try it. Sorry it is actually,Messages>BB Button>General Options>sms and Email settings> change separate. If they start in landscape it will screw up vertically and verticall to landscape mode. If this option isn't changed.:fing02:But , You have to use the individual app icon for that messanger.
    Sorry Jason I see what you are saying :lmao: I am a little slow tonight :dunce:

  15. #15
    blachance75's Avatar
    blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western Mass
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm not getting you Jason, should it be separate or not? Mine is set to separate and I have an issue.

  16. #16
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Sorry Jason I see what you are saying :lmao: I am a little slow tonight :dunce:
    Whew :34:! I thought I was clear over in left field for second. Facing the wrong direction, with no mit, and I was told I wasn't gettin a snow cone at the end of the game.:drive::1244::1244::1244:

  17. #17
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blachance75 View Post
    I'm not getting you Jason, should it be separate or not? Mine is set to separate and I have an issue.
    Are you just hitting the message button that comes on the theme? Or are you hitting the icon for the individual messanger? for example: hitting bbm Icon to make a bbm. Or yahoo icon or sms icon? Not the MESSAGE icon that displys the today feature!:33:

  18. #18
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blachance75 View Post
    I'm not getting you Jason, should it be separate or not? Mine is set to separate and I have an issue.
    Yeah I always keep mine separate not matter what theme I am running so I know that the issue still persists. I wish I could remember the theme that caused the issue with me

  19. #19
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Yeah I always keep mine separate not matter what theme I am running so I know that the issue still persists. I wish I could remember the theme that caused the issue with me
    Maybe that's the problem, I always combine mine and never have any issues with this.

  20. #20
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Maybe that's the problem, I always combine mine and never have any issues with this.
    But like I said it only happened to me on one theme, every since that one theme it has been fine. Damn storms and their different personalities :bs2:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •