Just Ask
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    v5.0.0.320 (p4.2.0.124)
    Liked
    0 times

Problems with ringtones and vibrate on phone

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, or is just me doing something wrong. I have another couple of questions and I am sure I am just not doing something right. I am using the Desktop Manager to transfer MP3’s into my ringtone file on my media card. Once they are in there I go to look for them in the Media Center on my phone and they do not show up. If I explore for them, I can see them and play them but only assign them as a main phone ringtone, not as a contact ID. Also, when I go into the movies and want to just vibrate my phone for everything, I go into the area to select it. I assign to vibrate and it will just vibrate text messages not phone calls. Please some one help me and let me know what I am doing wrong?

Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Try reindexing your media as a quick initial stab at this. options > memory > bb key > remove media card... then options > memory > bb key > install media card. Any luck?

Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Also make sure you are disconnected from your PC. You cannot access your media while in mass storage mode. I am also assuming that when you say mp3 that you're sure this is the file format?

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael2367 View Post
    Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, or is just me doing something wrong. I have another couple of questions and I am sure I am just not doing something right. I am using the Desktop Manager to transfer MP3’s into my ringtone file on my media card. Once they are in there I go to look for them in the Media Center on my phone and they do not show up. If I explore for them, I can see them and play them but only assign them as a main phone ringtone, not as a contact ID. Also, when I go into the movies and want to just vibrate my phone for everything, I go into the area to select it. I assign to vibrate and it will just vibrate text messages not phone calls. Please some one help me and let me know what I am doing wrong?
    Hello Michael,
    So let me give my honest opinion on how to transfer your mp3's.
    If you select My Computer from your PC, you should see 2 external drives mapped Blackberry (Alpha Assignment) and Blackberry (Alpha Assignment) ie :F, :G. Typically if you select one of these drives you can explore the associated memory with that drive. This is showing you what you have stored on your device. One of the drive assignments will be your SD Media Card and the other will be your Internal Device Memory.
    I said all that to say this.....Browse you PC and find your music that you want to put on your device. Right click the mp3 and copy then go to the drive assignment that I explained about and paste it inside your device.

As far as setting your ringtones to match your contacts you will need to assign custom profiles to match your contacts. Select your sound profile icon the scroll to the bottom and choose select contact alerts. From here you can add a contact alert.

Hope this helps..
    ~Michael~

Michael2367 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    v5.0.0.320 (p4.2.0.124)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Hello Michael,
    So let me give my honest opinion on how to transfer your mp3's.
    If you select My Computer from your PC, you should see 2 external drives mapped Blackberry (Alpha Assignment) and Blackberry (Alpha Assignment) ie :F, :G. Typically if you select one of these drives you can explore the associated memory with that drive. This is showing you what you have stored on your device. One of the drive assignments will be your SD Media Card and the other will be your Internal Device Memory.
    I said all that to say this.....Browse you PC and find your music that you want to put on your device. Right click the mp3 and copy then go to the drive assignment that I explained about and paste it inside your device.

As far as setting your ringtones to match your contacts you will need to assign custom profiles to match your contacts. Select your sound profile icon the scroll to the bottom and choose select contact alerts. From here you can add a contact alert.

Hope this helps..
    ~Michael~
    Thanks, I will try when I get to my phone later this afternoon. Can’t bring it down to work (security area). What about if I am trying to vibrate all ringers and messages at once when I like go into a movie?

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks, I will try when I get to my phone later this afternoon. Can’t bring it down to work (security area). What about if I am trying to vibrate all ringers and messages at once when I like go into a movie?

At that point is's a matter of putting the sound profiles to vibrate from the drop down list.....
    Good luck....
    ~Michael~

PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    v5.0.0.320 (p4.2.0.124)
    Liked
    0 times
    At that point is's a matter of putting the sound profiles to vibrate from the drop down list.....
    Good luck....
    ~Michael~
    I did, but it is not working for other than text messages. It will still ring when a phone call comes in.

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay...So check it this way...
    Open your Message folder>>Menu(Blackberry)button>>Scroll down to Message Alerts>>Now set each profile accordingly. Phone, Messages, Instant Messages, etc.
    Try that....

PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    v5.0.0.320 (p4.2.0.124)
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay...So check it this way...
    Open your Message folder>>Menu(Blackberry)button>>Scroll down to Message Alerts>>Now set each profile accordingly. Phone, Messages, Instant Messages, etc.
    Try that....
    Is the ringer for phone calls the same way. that is what seams to be having problem with and will still ring when someone calls.

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Is the ringer for phone calls the same way. that is what seams to be having problem with and will still ring when someone calls.
    Yes...It's the same way.....

PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    v5.0.0.320 (p4.2.0.124)
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes...It's the same way.....
    I will give it a shot when I get off work. Thanks.

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    I will give it a shot when I get off work. Thanks.
    Your welcome...PM me if you need further help..
    ~Michael~

PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    v5.0.0.320 (p4.2.0.124)
    Liked
    0 times
    Your welcome...PM me if you need further help..
    ~Michael~
    I will, thanks again.

PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    v5.0.0.320 (p4.2.0.124)
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I have a little bit more information. I can not just vibrate my phone for contacts that have a contact ID ringtone. What am I doing wrong?

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530 )

Okay so I just gotten mine to work for vibrate only w/custom ringtone.

I'm going to wait to give you the write up. Just got up and gotta get to the office.
    Last edited by MePascal; 06-30-2009 at 03:02 AM.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times

I'm going to wait to give you the write up. Just got up and gotta get to the office.
    Michael go back to bed it is way to early to be up LOL

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times

I gotta wake the chickens up. Somebody gotta do it.

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok, I have a little bit more information. I can not just vibrate my phone for contacts that have a contact ID ringtone. What am I doing wrong?

Okay...I'm back...
    My solution is two part.
    First, from your sound profile drop down list select Set Contact Alert. Should be in the Contact Alert screen. At the top select Add Contact Alert. This screen should read New Contact Alert. Push Menu(Blackberry)button and select Add Name. Now from here select the name of the contact that you want to address the ringtone to. Now you should be given the options for Phone and Messages. Select Phone. Top of the screen should read Phone - (insert contact name). Below this should read Ring tone, Volume, Led, Vibration. Select the corresponding ringtone then select Vibration tab and set it to Active Profile. Push the menu button and save.
    Second part. Open your sound profile list again and select Custom Profile. Now select Add Custom Profile. Top of the screen should read New Custom Profile. Below, select Name and call this profile Vibrate. This custom profile will now be that Active profile you save earlier. Then select Phone. Under the Volume tab select silent then save.
    So now you have a custom profile that when you want to keep your device silent but Vibrate for those contacts that you have modified. You will need to set each modified contact to that active profile.

Good Luck...
    ~Michael~

PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    v5.0.0.320 (p4.2.0.124)
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay...I'm back...
    My solution is two part.
    First, from your sound profile drop down list select Set Contact Alert. Should be in the Contact Alert screen. At the top select Add Contact Alert. This screen should read New Contact Alert. Push Menu(Blackberry)button and select Add Name. Now from here select the name of the contact that you want to address the ringtone to. Now you should be given the options for Phone and Messages. Select Phone. Top of the screen should read Phone - (insert contact name). Below this should read Ring tone, Volume, Led, Vibration. Select the corresponding ringtone then select Vibration tab and set it to Active Profile. Push the menu button and save.
    Second part. Open your sound profile list again and select Custom Profile. Now select Add Custom Profile. Top of the screen should read New Custom Profile. Below, select Name and call this profile Vibrate. This custom profile will now be that Active profile you save earlier. Then select Phone. Under the Volume tab select silent then save.
    So now you have a custom profile that when you want to keep your device silent but Vibrate for those contacts that you have modified. You will need to set each modified contact to that active profile.

Good Luck...
    ~Michael~
    Thank you for the help and I will check as soon as I get to my phone. You guys are great.

PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    v5.0.0.320 (p4.2.0.124)
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay...I'm back...
    My solution is two part.

Good Luck...
    ~Michael~
    Thank you very much. I figured it out with your gidance. Everything is working great. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast