MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Anyway Striker.....Plug your BB back into your PC
    Right click My Computer,select properties, then from the System Properties Window select Hardware. Now you will select Device Manager. In the menu tree look for Universal Serial Bus Controllers and select the plus to expand the tree.
    In the menu tree, under the listing Universal Serial Bus Controllers, Double click the title Blackberry Smartphone. From the Blackberry Smartphone Properties select the tab that say Driver. Now select uninstall. This will uninstall the properties that controls the way your PC detects your BB device. Your computer may want reboot. Allow it then after reboot is finished, connect your BB Device back to your PC. Your PC should reconfigure how it detects your device automatically.

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

After doing MePascal suggestion if still doesn't work go to add/remove software and highlight DM and select remove, when the window pops up select repair and continue the process that should fix the drivers.

If any of the suggestions doesn't work, then uninstall DM reboot the pc and Re install DM, reboot the pc again and that should solve the issue
    Last edited by ealvnv; 06-28-2009 at 01:44 PM.
    BlackBerry by Choice!

Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Anyway Striker.....Plug your BB back into your PC
    Right click My Computer,select properties, then from the System Properties Window select Hardware. Now you will select Device Manager. In the menu tree look for Universal Serial Bus Controllers and select the plus to expand the tree.
    In the menu tree, under the listing Universal Serial Bus Controllers, Double click the title Blackberry Smartphone. From the Blackberry Smartphone Properties select the tab that say Driver. Now select uninstall. This will uninstall the properties that controls the way your PC detects your BB device. Your computer may want reboot. Allow it then after reboot is finished, connect your BB Device back to your PC. Your PC should reconfigure how it detects your device automatically.
    Ok, i did what ou said. it found the drivers and installed them but still no drive letters. I think it sis something with the phone. I think I'm going to have to try that file from Pinstack.com you pointed me too.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post

After doing MePascal suggestion if still doesn't work go to add/remove software and highlight DM and select remove, when the window pops up select repair and continue the process that should fix the drivers.

If any of the suggestions doesn't work, then uninstall DM reboot the pc and Re install DM, reboot the pc again and that should solve the issue
    Ok, i'll give this a shot. Thanks,

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post

nope, didn't help. Maybe I should uninstall Desktop Manager and re-install then try it. I really think its the phone and not the drivers but I'll try it.

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker951 View Post
    nope, didn't help. Maybe I should uninstall Desktop Manager and re-install then try it. I really think its the phone and not the drivers but I'll try it.
    I think so too striker.....You said that the device came with .148 on the it when you received your replacement. I wounder if you wiped and put straight .148 back onto you device if this would bring your letter assignment back. I know it's a little bit of work however...I'm coming up with blanks as to what to do next other than that suggestion with the pinstack forum advice. What I read about that was that people would receive their replacement devices and would start to run into the same issue. Seems like it was mentioned that most of these replacement devices were refurbs....

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times
    I think so too striker.....You said that the device came with .148 on the it when you received your replacement. I wounder if you wiped and put straight .148 back onto you device if this would bring your letter assignment back. I know it's a little bit of work however...I'm coming up with blanks as to what to do next other than that suggestion with the pinstack forum advice. What I read about that was that people would receive their replacement devices and would start to run into the same issue. Seems like it was mentioned that most of these replacement devices were refurbs....
    It did come with .148 on it but I didn't want all that stuff on it so I wiped it and put .148 back on it without the stuff I didn't want. Can you give me some idea on how to run that program from pinstack? I'll back up everything again in case I have to re-install everything. I think I'm going to uninstall Desktop Manager and re-install it just to see if that does anything.

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah...I'll write you something up...may take me a minute or two...
    Hang tight

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay Striker…I have not tried this personally so I wanted to tell you this up front. Don’t panic..we will figure this out.

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack.com

So download the file BB storage Activation new.rar. It will be a zip so after the download is complete extract the files. Frome the way I’m reading things, there will be three files in the extraction. One of these files will be a .bat extension. So from this point connect your device to your PC then double click the .bat file and a DOS cmd window will pop up. Press any key when prompted to then wait for your device to completely reboot.

So as your device is rebooting your PC should recognize the device once your splash screen boots on the BB. If it does not simply unplug then plug the BB in again and see if the PC recognizes your device.

Standing By…..
    ~Michael~
    Last edited by MePascal; 06-28-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay Striker…I have not tried this personally so I wanted to tell you this up front. Don’t panic..we will figure this out.

So download the file BB storage Activation new.rar. It will be a zip so after the download is complete extract the files. Frome the way I’m reading things, there will be three files in the extraction. One of these files will be a .bat extension. So from this point connect your device to your PC then double click the .bat file and a DOS cmd window will pop up. Press any key when prompted to then wait for your device to completely reboot.

So as your device is rebooting your PC should recognize the device once your splash screen boots on the BB. If it does not simply unplug then plug the BB in again and see if the PC recognizes your device.

Standing By…..
    ~Michael~
    Thanks a bunch, Michael
    I have to go out with the family for a while. Will do it when I get back.
    I will let you know the results and anything else that may come up.

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    9 times

Quote Originally Posted by MePascal

Standing By…..
    ~Michael~
    This is an easy way to fix it, good point Me
    BlackBerry by Choice!

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times

Standing By…..
    ~Michael~
    That fixed it Michael! Program worked real slick. Your the greatest. I'm beginning to think that there is no problem you guys can't fix. Cool!

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Michael is the man, Glad you got it working my friend. Problem solved, thread closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12