Problems

Thread: Problems

Lucian Grigoras is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times

Problems

I have a problem regarding BlackBerry App World setup. I have a BB Storm 9500. I have installed "BlackBerry App World Browser Plug-in" and when I'm in step 2 (Please connect your BlackBerry........) I always get an error. I tried to disconnect the cable and stick it again and each time the same error. Can someone tell me what to do, in order to get rid of this annoying error?

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    493 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian Grigoras View Post
    I have a problem regarding BlackBerry App World setup. I have a BB Storm 9500. I have installed "BlackBerry App World Browser Plug-in" and when I'm in step 2 (Please connect your BlackBerry........) I always get an error. I tried to disconnect the cable and stick it again and each time the same error. Can someone tell me what to do, in order to get rid of this annoying error?
    Hello Lucian Grigoras, and welcome to

If I may suggest, download and install the latest Official BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 7.1.0.32 for PC, available below;

Downloads: Desktop Software For PC (Latest Official)

You mention the BlackBerry App World plug-in, I'm sure once you install the latest Official DM, you shouldn't have any further issues.

Thank you.

Liked
    0 times
    Last edited by Lucian Grigoras; 08-02-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    Hello Lucian Grigoras, and welcome to

If I may suggest, download and install the latest Official BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 7.1.0.32 for PC, available below;

You mention the BlackBerry App World plug-in, I'm sure once you install the latest Official DM, you shouldn't have any further issues.

Thank you.
    Thank you for your help, but I already did this. Maybe I did not have better expressed regarding the situation which appeared. When I try to access "appworld.blackberry.com/webstore" it appears 3 steps: 1. "Get the BlackBerry App World Browser Plug-in" ; 2. "Connect your smartphone" and 3. "Update your software". First step it works perfectly. The issue appears in the step no. 2 when I have to press "Connect" button and I get this error: "App World Web Plugin ErrorAn error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Web plugin. Please restart your device and try again. If you have content protection enabled on your device, please disable and try again." This is the error I was talking about. My question is what should I do now? I've checked my phone in "Option/Security Option/encryption" but everything seems to be normal. The encryption is disabled. HELP!!!!

ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    749 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian Grigoras View Post
    Thank you for your help, but I already did this. Maybe I did not have better expressed regarding the situation which appeared. When I try to access "appworld.blackberry.com/webstore" it appears 3 steps: 1. "Get the BlackBerry App World Browser Plug-in" ; 2. "Connect your smartphone" and 3. "Update your software". First step it works perfectly. The issue appears in the step no. 2 when I have to press "Connect" button and I get this error: "App World Web Plugin ErrorAn error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry App World Web plugin. Please restart your device and try again. If you have content protection enabled on your device, please disable and try again." This is the error I was talking about. My question is what should I do now? I've checked my phone in "Option/Security Option/encryption" but everything seems to be normal. The encryption is disabled. HELP!!!!
    Two things. Do you have content protection enabled on your device? If so disable it. Second, are you using another browser like Chrome or Firefox? if so use only internet Explorer. If im not mistaken to disable content protection its go to Settings>Options>Security Options>General Options> .