How do I Config Sounds to Vibrate Phone/SMS but Silent the rest?

Thread: How do I Config Sounds to Vibrate Phone/SMS but Silent the rest?

goliath777 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .114 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times

How do I Config Sounds to Vibrate Phone/SMS but Silent the rest?

I cannot seem to find the correct config to vibrate phone and sms but silent email. I have on Normal, phone rings, voicemail beeps, email and sms is silent despite all settings set to vibrate or silent. If i vibrate phone, then all vibrates and thats a nightmare as my phone is a perpetual vibrator. Please help. Thanks.

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    187 times
    go into messages folder and click bbkey, message alerts, under messages you will see your email, choose that and vibration, off.

just tested it...the star show up showing you have a new message, but no vibration
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .114 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    thats not the issue. My emails are silent but i want my phone and sms to vibrate while keeping emails silent. ALL my settings for each account are set to vibrate/silent. At the end of the day, i dont want any sound other than phone and sms to vibrate. Is that possible?

Liked
    187 times
    i believe so, follow the above instructions, but in addition go into sms text in that same area and change the alert to vibrate on.

so if you put the phone to vibrate with these settings changed and saved...

the phone and sms should vibrate, and the emails should just appear without any indicator except for the star over the folder.

try it and please post back.

Malbo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    306054BD
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    4.7.0.hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    You CANNOT change the profiles except the normal profile or create your own.
    Believe me, this is a HORRIBLE "feature" as I wish I had my pearl back just on this level, (love my storm though) The vibrate, medium, loud, etc are all pre-configured and will not change. If you go to the setting for Set Ring Tones/Alerts this will only change the Normal profile. So you can set your settings the way you want but make sure your profile is on normal, then it should follow your settings, or do like I did and make a seperate profile for work or whatever. With a custom profile you can customize everything. Good luck.
    Why buy a Blackberry if your not going to tinker with it???

Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbo View Post
    You CANNOT change the profiles except the normal profile or create your own.
    Believe me, this is a HORRIBLE "feature" as I wish I had my pearl back just on this level, (love my storm though) The vibrate, medium, loud, etc are all pre-configured and will not change. If you go to the setting for Set Ring Tones/Alerts this will only change the Normal profile. So you can set your settings the way you want but make sure your profile is on normal, then it should follow your settings, or do like I did and make a seperate profile for work or whatever. With a custom profile you can customize everything. Good luck.
    thanks malbo, good info...

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .114 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    this is exactly how my phone is set up and it doesnt change. Its like malbo said. i guess i will try to set up a custom profile. I just need my phone to vibrate and im good which i think will also eliminate the beeping for the voicemail alert since its probably connected to the phone profile. Oh boy, so much drama for a stupid phone. what am i thinking. i may hit you up if i mess up the custome profile thing. thanks guys!

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .114 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    while i have your attention, on another note, how do i download a .jad file for games? i tried downloading from an email directly on my phone and it errors. I also tried adding them through DM and i cant find them. im a mess.

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goliath777 View Post
    while i have your attention, on another note, how do i download a .jad file for games? i tried downloading from an email directly on my phone and it errors. I also tried adding them through DM and i cant find them. im a mess.
    I would try directing it to your phone. .jad files are OTA and open in your phone.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .114 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    what folder is best to put those?

Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goliath777 View Post
    what folder is best to put those?
    i believe it automatically goes into your download folder