Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Download large files

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blackberryjoel View Post
    Pod trapper will let you down load large pod casts both video and audio. I called verizon cuz I was concerned about the 5gig cap because some of the video podcasts are over 100mb the rep said as far as data on the phone goes not teathering (sp?) There is no cap and I would be fine using podtrapper even if I went over 5gig I had her put in my account that I had called about it and got her name and where she was. Got my fingers crossed that I don't end up with a fat bill I have to fight.
    Thanks a lot for the tip.

rufunky is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blackberryjoel View Post
    Pod trapper will let you down load large pod casts both video and audio. I called verizon cuz I was concerned about the 5gig cap because some of the video podcasts are over 100mb the rep said as far as data on the phone goes not teathering (sp?) There is no cap and I would be fine using podtrapper even if I went over 5gig I had her put in my account that I had called about it and got her name and where she was. Got my fingers crossed that I don't end up with a fat bill I have to fight.
    I believe this is true.

I was told by a few Verizon reps that the 5gb limit is related to the tethering service provided directly through Verizon.

The Blackberry Data package that is required for the Blackberry is through Blackberry and not Verizon and as far as I know has no cap.
    Last edited by rufunky; 06-29-2009 at 11:34 PM.

tnhwyman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow tnhwyman On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ponpulla View Post
    Hey, was wondering is there a way to go around the download cap on the blackberry storm thru verizon. Any opition will help thanks.
    I move files back and forth with my domain using a free 3rd party app called PaderSyncFTP. The largest directory of zip fies I have put to my server space at one time, was around 30mb. I have not tried to get any file size that large yet, but I think it would work. The one draw back, is the time it takes. The spouse thought I was using my Storm for a desktop night light. :usa2:

BlackMannx is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    3049A9BE
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    I have downloaded 300mb files using opera mini on both my storm and my tour.. while but it works.

And the 5gb cap is only for tethering.. most users will never use that much bw on a bb device through the normal data services on the phone..
    Twitter me at-Blackmannx

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMannx View Post
    I have downloaded 300mb files using opera mini on both my storm and my tour.. while but it works.

And the 5gb cap is only for tethering.. most users will never use that much bw on a bb device through the normal data services on the phone..
    300mb :bigeyes::bigeyes: holy smokes man :lmao:

Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMannx View Post

That had to take some time to download lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12