Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

awtryau89 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    NA
    Device

Storm Browser Speedss on EDGE vs. ATT 8900 Curve

Don't get me wrong, I love my Storm. I have been using it on unlocked on ATT for a while now. Lately I have seen a few 8900 Curves and thought it might be nice to have one of those as well. Anyway, I dropped by the ATT store today and checked one out.

As I was looking at the phone, I notice how fast it seemed. Most noticeably I saw what seemd to be much faster browser speeds. I checked and made sure the Curve was on EDGE and not Wifi and then cleared the caches. I loaded up a couple of web pages on the Curve to check it out. I then loaded the same pages on my Storm with Crackman's V7.1. It wasn't close. The Curve was more than a few seconds faster.

Has the Storm browser always been an issue and slower? Am I seeing this because the Curve is made for ATT and I am hacking the Storm on to the ATT network? What do you guys think?

Sometimes I question even having this phone since I cannot switch networks and it just does not do everything right all the time. I may go totally back to the Curve 8900 if I can find a deal right now. I am not going to sign a contract for one though with the GSM Storm 2 and Onyx on the horizon.

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Quote Originally Posted by awtryau89 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love my Storm. I have been using it on unlocked on ATT for a while now. Lately I have seen a few 8900 Curves and thought it might be nice to have one of those as well. Anyway, I dropped by the ATT store today and checked one out.

As I was looking at the phone, I notice how fast it seemed. Most noticeably I saw what seemd to be much faster browser speeds. I checked and made sure the Curve was on EDGE and not Wifi and then cleared the caches. I loaded up a couple of web pages on the Curve to check it out. I then loaded the same pages on my Storm with Crackman's V7.1. It wasn't close. The Curve was more than a few seconds faster.

Has the Storm browser always been an issue and slower? Am I seeing this because the Curve is made for ATT and I am hacking the Storm on to the ATT network? What do you guys think?

Sometimes I question even having this phone since I cannot switch networks and it just does not do everything right all the time. I may go totally back to the Curve 8900 if I can find a deal right now. I am not going to sign a contract for one though with the GSM Storm 2 and Onyx on the horizon.
    I cant speak for the 8900, however, I have a Rogers Bold on TMO and the Storm which is on VZW loads webpages a good 2-3 seconds faster than my Bold. It may have to do with the fact that the device is not being used on the Network in which it was intended. I can not definitively tell you for sure though.

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Honestly I am not sure :lmao: But I think it may be because you hacked into the phone to work on AT&T, but it could be tons of other things that may restrict it..

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    I have an 8900 on Tmo and Storm on verizon. But my storm is not unlocked so obviously the storm loads pages much faster than the 8900. However, I also have an unlocked iPhone which on tmo. I made sure that it was on edge had wifi off and painfully enough the iphone was 4 seconds faster loading espn.com (the fuil version not the wap site)

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

I have both a Bold and Storm 9500 both unlocked and debranded and guess what, both are faster than the 8900, but between them, the Bold is faster than the storm.

The other day I was testing my bro iphone on ATT vs my Bold, and it was let say the same speed.

Maybe the debranding process has something to do there

PIN
    NA
    Device
    Thanks for the insight guys. I am still confused but maybe it was just the Storm acting up. It was a very impromtu test and non-scientific. Even so, I really do like the form factor of that 8900. Wifi is also nice as I am around Wifi most of the day and can use that connection alot. I think I need to be one of these multiple Blackberry owners like my heros on BBOS. I can add a 8900 Curve and then a Storm 2 and even an Onyx. What stop at just 2 BBs, huh?

PIN
    NA
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

I have both a Bold and Storm 9500 both unlocked and debranded and guess what, both are faster than the 8900, but between them, the Bold is faster than the storm.

The other day I was testing my bro iphone on ATT vs my Bold, and it was let say the same speed.

Maybe the debranding process has something to do there

ealnv,
    You have a PM.

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them