problems with email
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: problems with email

  1. #1
    djh074's Avatar
    djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times

    problems with email

    so i loaded .148 on my buddies 9530 a bout 2 weeks ago.(he was on .075) Talked to him today, and he is having a problem with his emails. gmail, hotmail, not on BES. he can receive emails but can not send or even reply. he says this has been happening since the Os load. any ideas?




  2. #2
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Has he resent service books? Also have him delete email accounts and then add them again. As a last resort, a wipe and reload would be an option.

  3. #3
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    so i loaded .148 on my buddies 9530 a bout 2 weeks ago.(he was on .075) Talked to him today, and he is having a problem with his emails. gmail, hotmail, not on BES. he can receive emails but can not send or even reply. he says this has been happening since the Os load. any ideas?
    Have him resend his service books and re register his host routing table. if you have him do the following from his phone this will do both options for him

    Options>Mobile Network>BB Key>Diagnostics Test>BB key> Run

  4. #4
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    so i loaded .148 on my buddies 9530 a bout 2 weeks ago.(he was on .075) Talked to him today, and he is having a problem with his emails. gmail, hotmail, not on BES. he can receive emails but can not send or even reply. he says this has been happening since the Os load. any ideas?
    Have him run from Manage Connections/Manage Network Options/BB BUtton/Diagnostic Test/BB Button/Run. This will resend his service books and re-register on the BlackBerry network. Also the BIS server was updated and everyone need to verify their passwords again. This may be the problem also if this was not done.

  5. #5
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Have him run from Manage Connections/Manage Network Options/BB BUtton/Diagnostic Test/BB Button/Run. This will resend his service books and re-register on the BlackBerry network. Also the BIS server was updated and everyone need to verify their passwords again. This may be the problem also if this was not done.
    When was BIS updated?

  6. #6
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    When was BIS updated?
    2-3 weeks ago

  7. #7
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    I ran into this also. I simply went to
    My email settings and logged in and hit
    Close. Not the back button the close button
    Provided.

  8. #8
    djh074's Avatar
    djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the quick responses. i did do the routing tables, but i didnt resend service books. Great idea about the diagnostic test. totally forgot about that! i will talk to him later....let u know how it goes. thx again

  9. #9
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses. i did do the routing tables, but i didnt resend service books. Great idea about the diagnostic test. totally forgot about that! i will talk to him later....let u know how it goes. thx again
    Good luck :fing02:

  10. #10
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses. i did do the routing tables, but i didnt resend service books. Great idea about the diagnostic test. totally forgot about that! i will talk to him later....let u know how it goes. thx again
    Anytime, let us know how it goes

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •