PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times

FM transmitter for the Storm

I'm going to by an FM transmitter for the Storm for my car and there are quite a few out there, from $$ to $$$. I have a fantastic Apline system that I want to play through in my suv. I've read that some are terrible and some are great. Can anyone here give advice on what is good? Thanks!

Crickee

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey Crickee,
    Well, I bought the Motorola T505....Very user friendly, great quality sound, and it's around $100. I've gotten call to come in while I'm playin music through it and it has always worked flawlessly. The only negative comment I have on it would be that the battery doesn't seem to last as long as I think it should...but you can't have it all.

Take your time.....
    Another thing I started doing.....I bought a 3.5mm male to male cord, plug it into the storm like a pair of headphones then I plugged the other end into the aux jack in my truck....That alpine system should have an aux jack....Cord cost me $8....

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    188 times
    The FM Transmitter my brother uses was purchased at Walmart for 10 dollars.

He loves it, uses it all the time in his car for music and movies.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

mrolfe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    3069D40A
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.140 Querky but alot better
    Liked
    0 times
    My two cents on this based on my experience is that it depends on your location. When I was visiting more rural areas FM transmitters are great.
    now that I live in Orlando and there is a station on just about every channel it is a waste b/c I have to keep switching the tuner to match signal strength.

I no w use the 3.5mm jack and a male to male that goes directly into my headunit it is flawless and un interuptable for playback.

Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Hey Crickee,
    Well, I bought the Motorola T505....Very user friendly, great quality sound, and it's around $100. I've gotten call to come in while I'm playing music through it and it has always worked flawlessly. The only negative comment I have on it would be that the battery doesn't seem to last as long as I think it should...but you can't have it all.

Take your time.....
    Another thing I started doing.....I bought a 3.5mm male to male cord, plug it into the storm like a pair of headphones then I plugged the other end into the aux jack in my truck....That alpine system should have an aux jack....Cord cost me $8....
    Thanks for the info MePascal! Well, unfortunately, when Dodge spec'd this system out, they left out an aux jack which is strange, because it has everything else. So my option is an FM transmitter, but I have that the sound quality can be an issue on them. :crazy:
    Crickee

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    The FM Transmitter my brother uses was purchased at Walmart for 10 dollars.

He loves it, uses it all the time in his car for music and movies.
    Wow, wallyworld never ceases to surprise me, I would not have thought about looking there. I will have to check there, lol $10, you can't lose. :18:
    Crickee

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    Wow, wallyworld never ceases to surprise me, I would not have thought about looking there. I will have to check there, lol $10, you can't lose. :18:
    I couldn't find it when I looked there today...like I said though my brother got it there so it comes down to when they are carrying it too. I will look online too.

10 bucks is really a great price for what we use it for.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    I couldn't find it when I looked there today...like I said though my brother got it there so it comes down to when they are carrying it too. I will look online too.

Yes, I agree completely! I want to ditch Sirius (subscription is almost up) but not until I can use the BB instead. :dance:
    Crickee

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    I run iHeart radio during my commute through the week. I'm a talk radio junkie so iHeart had the best format IMHO for that. So...with my 9530 and an unlimited data plan ($30.00 VZW/RIM), I can stream all the radio I like. The downside is that if I'm using the cordset through the aux jack and a call rings in, I have to disconnect the 9530 from the aux. If I'm running it through the BT, the T505 will announce the incoming call and wait for my action to either accept or decline the call. If I accept the call, I can carry on the convo hands free through the BT and listen to the call through my trucks audio system. hone:

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times

Hey Neo, I found it to at my local wallyworld. It was in the auto section, not the electronics section and yes, $10.00. It works great! Thanks for the help!!! Goodbye Sirius! :banana:
    Crickee