how do i "add a contact"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: how do i "add a contact"

  1. #1
    djh074's Avatar
    djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times

    how do i "add a contact"

    Hey guys. I'm running the114 hybrid, and realized there is np easy way tp add a contact. Only had the device cor a day or two before I upgraded the OS, so I'm not sure if the option was there in 075. Any ideas?




  2. #2
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    highlight the phone number, email, pin or whatever you have and hit the bbkey, then add contact. hope that helps.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  3. #3
    pupp3t Guest
    click on the contacts icon. Then click on the little green + icon on the bottom of your berry. If you put your finger on it without clicking on it, it says "new contact"

  4. #4
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    djh074, try this. From the main screen select contacts. Now hit your bb button and select New Contact.

  5. #5
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    ok guys it was a tie... Rock, paper, scissors for the win. lol

  6. #6
    djh074's Avatar
    djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times
    I can't seem to get that icon. I have 5 buttons at bottom
    Keyboard
    View
    Voicemail
    Scroll up
    Scroll down
    Quote Originally Posted by pupp3t View Post
    click on the contacts icon. Then click on the little green + icon on the bottom of your berry. If you put your finger on it without clicking on it, it says "new contact"

  7. #7
    djh074's Avatar
    djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times
    Wish it as that easy, but I don't have that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    djh074, try this. From the main screen select contacts. Now hit your bb button and select New Contact.

  8. #8
    pupp3t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    ok guys it was a tie... Rock, paper, scissors for the win. lol
    Tails !!

    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    I can't seem to get that icon. I have 5 buttons at bottom
    Keyboard
    View
    Voicemail
    Scroll up
    Scroll down
    try this...go to option>screen/keyboard>scroll down to menu style and make sure full menu is selected and NOT short menu.
    then go back to contact and try it with the BB button.

  9. #9
    djh074's Avatar
    djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok. Kinda got it. If I open contact list from the icon(which I never do) I get the add new icon and option in menu. I can also rotate the contact screen portrait/horiz. If I open via holding down the call button, I don't get the add icon r option in menu. Also can't rotate screen.

  10. #10
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    I can't seem to get that icon. I have 5 buttons at bottom
    Keyboard
    View
    Voicemail
    Scroll up
    Scroll down
    When you get there, you need to hit the bb button. Its not on the screen. Its the real button next to the green phone button.

  11. #11
    pupp3t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    Ok. Kinda got it. If I open contact list from the icon(which I never do) I get the add new icon and option in menu. I can also rotate the contact screen portrait/horiz. If I open via holding down the call button, I don't get the add icon r option in menu. Also can't rotate screen.
    You wont be able to rotate the screen in landscape mode if you have the dial pad in view. I guess its just meant to be like that.

  12. #12
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pupp3t View Post
    You wont be able to rotate the screen in landscape mode if you have the dial pad in view. I guess its just meant to be like that.
    yes, i believe that is the one part of the phone that freezes the accelerometer.

    which i rather that.
    When trying to answer a call out of landscape & portrait flipping back and forth it becomes a pain. It was like that in prior OS's
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  13. #13
    djh074's Avatar
    djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmmm. Maybe by opening contacts via the call button actually launching phone in background. Because dialpad is not up. At least not visible. Still dot know why the add icon isn't there though
    Quote Originally Posted by pupp3t View Post
    You wont be able to rotate the screen in landscape mode if you have the dial pad in view. I guess its just meant to be like that.

  14. #14
    pupp3t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    yes, i believe that is the one part of the phone that freezes the accelerometer.

    which i rather that.
    When trying to answer a call out of landscape & portrait flipping back and forth it becomes a pain. It was like that in prior OS's
    yeah true. i dont think i would want it to work in landscape either.
    It just doesnt feel right.

  15. #15
    djh074's Avatar
    djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times
    I've noticed that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    yes, i believe that is the one part of the phone that freezes the accelerometer.

    which i rather that.
    When trying to answer a call out of landscape & portrait flipping back and forth it becomes a pain. It was like that in prior OS's

  16. #16
    pupp3t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    Hmmm. Maybe by opening contacts via the call button actually launching phone in background. Because dialpad is not up. At least not visible. Still dot know why the add icon isn't there though
    If you click on the contacts icon, you dont have the little green + icon on the bottom?
    try adding a contact fro the BB button.
    Maybe it will appear after one contact is there.

  17. #17
    djh074's Avatar
    djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok so. I added contacts to quicklaunch, and it opens the contacts WITH the icon and option to "add new". So I'm golden. Thanks for the help guys. Time for me to crash. Cya here 2morrow.

  18. #18
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pa
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Posts
    1,626
    Liked
    0 times

  19. #19
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    I can't seem to get that icon. I have 5 buttons at bottom
    Keyboard
    View
    Voicemail
    Scroll up
    Scroll down
    this is because you are in the phone...you pressed either the green phone hard key or you went through the icon phone.

    what they are saying is to go through the contacts.

    Exit out of whatever you have up now, and find the contacts icon.
    see picture below



    then you will see the new contact (picture below) once you hit the bbkey.

    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  20. #20
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    Ok so. I added contacts to quicklaunch, and it opens the contacts WITH the icon and option to "add new". So I'm golden. Thanks for the help guys. Time for me to crash. Cya here 2morrow.
    Perfect, so you got it...and probably better to have it through quicklaunch. more convenient to get to.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •