PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Browser and BIS are M.I.A. on Storm

Help!!! I didn't brick my phone, but I don't have a browser anymore and I can't set up BIS it only has an option for BES for email. Some where along the line I've totally jacked this easy process up. I've watched the video to get the 114 hybrid back onto my phone, redid the ATT service books. For some reason CrackUtil is not working for me anymore so I did the manual one on crackberry. But as stated I don't have a browser or BIS to reset up my emails. I don't know how to resend service books to my phone either. I'm sure this is alot of information, but any help would be greatly appreciate. I think I'm currently running the .114 hybrid!

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mzkryptonite04 View Post
    Help!!! I didn't brick my phone, but I don't have a browser anymore and I can't set up BIS it only has an option for BES for email. Some where along the line I've totally jacked this easy process up. I've watched the video to get the 114 hybrid back onto my phone, redid the ATT service books. For some reason CrackUtil is not working for me anymore so I did the manual one on crackberry. But as stated I don't have a browser or BIS to reset up my emails. I don't know how to resend service books to my phone either. I'm sure this is alot of information, but any help would be greatly appreciate. I think I'm currently running the .114 hybrid!
    do you have the right generic service books? To run Crack Util you need to rt click on the icon first and run as administrator, this will allow you to do the file removal and installation.

If you install the generic service books and reinstall the browser daemon correctly you will have Email Setup. Must have missed a step. If you do not have the correct service books you can get them here thanks pttaylor

Your TCP/APN should read like this
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Last edited by bbcrackman; 03-18-2009 at 12:01 PM.

mzkryptonite04 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question

How do you put Crack Util in admin mode? I think this is the step that I missed! I'm using Windows on my laptop... Thanks for giving me the correct service books, when I downloaded the link that you sent me to and went to extract is stated do you want to replace the one you have and I click "yes". I was wondering if I wiped the phone would it take away my unlocked code, because I'm wanting to start over from scratch to see if maybe that will get everything back up and running like before. I'm using my BB Storm with ATT service. Everything was okay (Email, Browser, uppercase EDGE) until I upgraded my os to 114 hybrid. Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    188 times
    i believe you right click the file and choose run as administrator
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question

Okay I of course was jacking around with Crack Util and found the place where it has admin. option. But when I clicked it I got this error code on my screen "Unable to log on: Logon failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been enforced." Okay what is the password?

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    188 times
    are you saying it won't open the program without a password?

if so, close it down, right click the file you would use to open it, and choose run as administrator.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    No the program will run, but when I finally discovered where the admin option was and I checked the box to run as admin it popped up the box that has user: admin and password: (blank). So I left the password blank and that's when I got that error message.

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    No the program will run, but when I finally discovered where the admin option was and I checked the box to run as admin it popped up the box that has user: admin and password: (blank). So I left the password blank and that's when I got that error message.
    Are you the administrator for the pc? Or are you just a user

PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    When I click on the box it has Administrator and student for user: the first go around I click admin and left the password (blank) and got the error. So I did a little more digging and that when I found the "student" option. So I click student and enter my password and Crack Util opened. But when I went to go to File Manipulation - Intermediate and Retrieve File Listing, I got this error "-" is not a valid floating point value.

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    When I click on the box it has Administrator and student for user: the first go around I click admin and left the password (blank) and got the error. So I did a little more digging and that when I found the "student" option. So I click student and enter my password and Crack Util opened. But when I went to go to File Manipulation - Intermediate and Retrieve File Listing, I got this error "-" is not a valid floating point value.
    Is this what your talking about? This is my settings

PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    When I go into Crack Util Properties the only tabs that I have showing on mine are: General, Shortcut and Compatibility. I don't have the other two buttons at the top that you do.

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Try reading this thread. NEW : CrackUtil
    See if any of this helps. Crackutil just gets wierd on some pc's. Let me know if any of this helps, if not, we will try some

PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Did everything on the post. Uninstalled and reinstall DM, made sure that DM was not running in the background. But still received the '-' is not a valid floating point value. error message on Crack Util. So I'm at a loss for how to get this up and running so I can get my browser back and mms going!

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok... here's how you do it without crackutil
    Let me know if this works.

STEP #1

Go to My Computer C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\{Your OS Here}\Java. Locate the module net_rim_bb_browser_daemon typically in the fourth row down when in icon view. CAREFULLY right click on it and select CUT. Right click again on nothing this time, and go to New>Folder. Open the new folder, once inside Right click and select Paste, putting the net_rim_bb_browser_deamon module inside. Close all windows.

STEP #2

With the AT&T SIM card inserted, connect the Storm to the PC and open Desktop Manager. Go to Application Loader. Add/Remove Applications. If you downloaded a Multi-language version of your OS you will get a prompt to update languages. You can ignore. Select NEXT then FINISH. You will see the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module being removed.

Once the loading operation is successful. Return to the Desktop Manager Main Menu.

STEP #3

Now go to Back up and Restore>Advanced. You will see the Storm's databases in the box on the right. Over the box on the left, select File>Open. Locate and Double click on the Service books .ipd file you downloaded and extracted earlier. Single click to highlight them in the left box and hit the bottom of the two middle buttons to transfer them to the Storm. Then return to the Desktop Manager Main Menu. Minimize.

STEP #4

Next, return to My Computer C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\{Your OS Here}\Java. Open the New Folder you created. Right click on the net_rim_bb_browser_deamon module. Select cut, select Back and right click and paste back into place. Delete the now empty New Folder you created. Close the Java folder.

STEP #5

Return to Desktop Manager. Go to Application loader. Add/Remove applications. Select NEXT then FINISH. You will see the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module being replaced.

Select Finish. When the Loading operation is successful. You can then disconnect the Storm from the PC. You should have a Fully Functional Browser now. Resend your email service books from AT&T to restore your email. Also you need TCP configurations in Options>Advanced Options>TCP. APN should say wap.cingular Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM Password: CINGULAR1

If you are using an unlocked Verizon Storm and have "Activation Required" on your home screen or your phone number displays incorrectly, Dial # # 000000 (Send). In the Menu add your phone number and select save. The device will reboot and activate.
    Last edited by Shane; 03-19-2009 at 03:39 PM.

PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I dont even have the "net_rim_bb_browser_daemon " all i have in the java folder is 7 files which are net_rim_bb_phone_api, net....._app, net.... _call_log_entry, net...._cdma_service, net.... _entry, net... _model, net... _resource! The net... = net_rim_bb_phone!!! If I totally wipe the phone (I'm sure there is a discussion on that) and return it back to factory, will it erase the unlock code that was on the phone when I purchased it off of ebay?

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    I dont even have the "net_rim_bb_browser_daemon " all i have in the java folder is 7 files which are net_rim_bb_phone_api, net....._app, net.... _call_log_entry, net...._cdma_service, net.... _entry, net... _model, net... _resource! The net... = net_rim_bb_phone!!! If I totally wipe the phone (I'm sure there is a discussion on that) and return it back to factory, will it erase the unlock code that was on the phone when I purchased it off of ebay?
    Thats the only java folder in that location? There should be like over 800 files. Is there a chance the folder has hidden files?

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    I just pm'd bbcrackman and here's what he said.
    In the Hybrid OS java folder there is another folder named Phone Java, he is listing the files in there. Not whats in the java folder itself. If all he loaded was the Phone java folder and not follow the instructions he will have re-install the OS
    He needs to understand that he was to copy the entire OS folder into loader. He does not even have to swap files
    If this is the case, that would explain why crackutil gives you the error
    Last edited by Shane; 03-19-2009 at 04:14 PM.

PIN
    Ask Me!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I guess I (she) didn't install the other files in my java folder, because when I click on java it opens up and the only thing listed is Java Phone. So I (she) will need to go back and redo everything over to make sure that I get everything that was suppose to be copied over to the OS folder to be loaded! I thought I followed it to the "T" but hey, I'm only a girl and not even a blonde! Yikes...

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Apologize for the gender mistake.....

The easy fix for this, if you only installed those java files is to reload the OS.
    If you have questions the whole team is here to help. Take a look in you C:/program files/ common files/research in motion/ shrared/ loader files/ 9530-v4.7.0.114_P4.0.0.143/ java and tell me if you see a bunch of cod files. If not, the you will have to rt click and copy the entire 4.7.0.114 file from the downloaded and extracted Hybrid file. Then you will have to go to C:/program files/ common files/research in motion/ shrared/ loader files and rt click and paste/ yes to overwrite and backup two levels to the apploader folder and delete the vendor.xml file. Launch loader and re-install.

Last edited by bbcrackman; 03-19-2009 at 04:32 PM.

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    LOL.. sorry, I (he) wasn't thinking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast