What do you think about this software for the storm?
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: What do you think about this software for the storm?

  1. #1
    rfirmi's Avatar
    rfirmi is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    9530 (Verizon)
    OS
    .181 w/.167 Radio
    Posts
    150
    Liked
    0 times

    What do you think about this software for the storm?

    I am debating on buying NetWorkAcc and MemoryUP Pro. I heard a lot about these two apps. Do you any of you have these? How do you like them? Is it worth the $30?
    Last edited by rfirmi; 06-13-2009 at 07:12 PM.




  2. #2
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rfirmi View Post
    I am debating on buying NetWorkAcc and MemoryUP Pro. I heard a lot about these two apps. Do you any of you have these? How do you like them? Is it worth the $20?
    I have heard good things about memory up but have not purchased it.

  3. #3
    Pain Producer's Avatar
    Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Posts
    940
    Liked
    0 times
    I use Memory Up Pro and it seems to work well. I would recommend it.
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Storm 2, Until 4/29 went to "INCREDIBLE"
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)
    OS: 9550--5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK w/all the fixes)
    OS: 9630--5.0.0.643

  4. #4
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    I've looked at both of those but wont purchase them just yet.

    some have had problems with the newer os's and applications not playing nice.

    memory holds pretty good on the os's over and above .132

    I would wait but that just me

  5. #5
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Memory Up pro was as worthless as all the other "memory management apps" out there IMO, I have tried them all :lmao:

  6. #6
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    I have memory up and i love it, so glad i bought it!

  7. #7
    SoCalMiles's Avatar
    SoCalMiles is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow SoCalMiles On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    PIN
    k is my gi
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.Leaked
    Posts
    454
    Liked
    0 times
    IMO the best memory software so far is the reset button in the QL menu

  8. #8
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Well, I think of it this way: Any app that runs, uses memory, which also applies to memory up pro. I have heard from people that it does not help that much...but never tried it myself.

  9. #9
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Well, I think of it this way: Any app that runs, uses memory, which also applies to memory up pro. I have heard from people that it does not help that much...but never tried it myself.
    I agree with Olta. I used to have memory booster but found that program hurt my memory more than it did good. Same with battery booster.

  10. #10
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I agree with Olta. I used to have memory booster but found that program hurt my memory more than it did good. Same with battery booster.
    And also both of them probably decreased battery life as well.

  11. #11
    rfirmi's Avatar
    rfirmi is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    9530 (Verizon)
    OS
    .181 w/.167 Radio
    Posts
    150
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah I had the extra money and said why not.... I'm not impressed at all, I recemend saving your money!

  12. #12
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rfirmi View Post
    yeah I had the extra money and said why not.... I'm not impressed at all, I recemend saving your money!
    Thanks for the update rfirmi and I agree I haven't come across a memory app that either make my memory worse or does nothing. Same with all the battery apps out there btw.

  13. #13
    rfirmi's Avatar
    rfirmi is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    9530 (Verizon)
    OS
    .181 w/.167 Radio
    Posts
    150
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Thanks for the update rfirmi and I agree I haven't come across a memory app that either make my memory worse or does nothing. Same with all the battery apps out there btw.
    yeah I didn't notice a difference at all with either program, maybe I'm just being too greedy my phone is at 50.3mb right now which is more than enough

  14. #14
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rfirmi View Post
    yeah I didn't notice a difference at all with either program, maybe I'm just being too greedy my phone is at 50.3mb right now which is more than enough
    :lmao: you my friend are being to greedy

  15. #15
    rfirmi's Avatar
    rfirmi is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    9530 (Verizon)
    OS
    .181 w/.167 Radio
    Posts
    150
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    :lmao: you my friend are being to greedy
    I know I'm addicted! I only got this bad boy like a month ago

  16. #16
    tztplife is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    I use Memory Up Pro and it seems to work well. I would recommend it.

  17. #17
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    1 times
    I'd agree with Bryan.
    These memory apps simply take up some more memory so that they can run in the background and also deplete significant battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Thanks for the update rfirmi and I agree I haven't come across a memory app that either make my memory worse or does nothing. Same with all the battery apps out there btw.

  18. #18
    rfirmi's Avatar
    rfirmi is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    9530 (Verizon)
    OS
    .181 w/.167 Radio
    Posts
    150
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    I'd agree with Bryan.
    These memory apps simply take up some more memory so that they can run in the background and also deplete significant battery life.
    agreed.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •