C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times

Disable Auto Reboot?

Is there a way to keep my Storm from automatically rebooting?

When new software is loaded, I get the message to "Reboot Now" or "Reboot Later".....usually if you hit "Reboot Later" it will ask the question again later...

I'm having a problem when I am reactivating on my BES, it takes so long and it will ask half way through if I want to Reboot now or later......I select "later" but then it will wait awhile and then eventually reboot.....if it does this before I complete my BES activation, then the activation is incomplete and will not restart again without me having to ask my IT person to reset me in the system....then I have to watch for the reboot message again....

I'm not sure why it is even asking the reboot question when I'm in the middle of BES activation...guess it thinks I'm adding software....

Is there a setting somewhere to keep it from rebooting without my permission?

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Liked
    8 times
    Wirelessly posted (via Bold)

Unfortunately no my suggestion is make the reboot right before starting the BES activation
    BlackBerry by Choice!

C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    nice idea! I'll give that a shot next time....

I'm thinking that the BES activation is causing the reboot message....don't know why though....I know that it is normal for new apps to trigger the need for a reboot, just didn't think reactivation on a BES would....

if that is the case then I'm going to get the reboot message after starting the BES activation whether I've just done a reboot or not....worth a shot though....

thanks!