Typing issue
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Typing issue

  1. #1
    eldiablo44 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    9530
    OS
    v7
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times

    Typing issue

    Hello everyone, longtime user first time poster.

    I am running v7 and i am having a issue with typing. When i go to type in email, sms or for anything really it goes crazy. Fixes itself after a battery pull but i have to do that every day and i have tried searching for a fix to the problem but no luck.

    The problem i am having is when i go to type and and just hovering over the letter it will type on its own or type the same letter 3 or 4 times... Hope i explained this well enough, not sure how to word it. Thanks in advance

    i also want to say thank you to everyone for the hard work with the site and the hybrids.




  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo44 View Post
    Hello everyone, longtime user first time poster.

    I am running v7 and i am having a issue with typing. When i go to type in email, sms or for anything really it goes crazy. Fixes itself after a battery pull but i have to do that every day and i have tried searching for a fix to the problem but no luck.

    The problem i am having is when i go to type and and just hovering over the letter it will type on its own or type the same letter 3 or 4 times... Hope i explained this well enough, not sure how to word it. Thanks in advance

    i also want to say thank you to everyone for the hard work with the site and the hybrids.
    First let me say welcome to BlackberryOS Eldiablo

    Did you have this issue on your previous OS? When you loaded on V7 did you wipe the phone and did you use Shrink a OS?

  3. #3
    eldiablo44 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    9530
    OS
    v7
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had the issue on another version but have been through so many i don't remember what one lol.

    I did wipe the device and did not use shrink

  4. #4
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Welcome to bb os! In addition to Bryans questions, I am going to add a few more . How is the click on your storm (ie does the screen get stuck etc). If you have had this issue with previous OS, I would say its probably hardware. If you have not had this issue before, I would suggest wiping and reinstalling. Make sure to back up first both phone and 3rd party apps. Also I would recommend uninstalling all OS from pc, restarting and installing everything fresh. Good luck.

  5. #5
    eldiablo44 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    9530
    OS
    v7
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    Welcome to bb os! In addition to Bryans questions, I am going to add a few more . How is the click on your storm (ie does the screen get stuck etc). If you have had this issue with previous OS, I would say its probably hardware. If you have not had this issue before, I would suggest wiping and reinstalling. Make sure to back up first both phone and 3rd party apps. Also I would recommend uninstalling all OS from pc, restarting and installing everything fresh. Good luck.
    The click is good and i have had this problem on another OS. When i get home tomorrow i will try to wipe and reload again.

    Thanks for the quick replies.

  6. #6
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo44 View Post
    The click is good and i have had this problem on another OS. When i get home tomorrow i will try to wipe and reload again.

    Thanks for the quick replies.
    No problem, let us know how it goes

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •