Sim Card Rejected Question
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Sim Card Rejected Question

  1. #1
    dcswenson's Avatar
    dcswenson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    PIN
    304*****
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    1 times

    Sim Card Rejected Question

    My phone had a "Sim Card Rejected" message at the top of the home screen. I went to advanced options/Sim Card to try to fix it. The first thing I did was to try to enable security, but I do not know what PIN number the phone wants me to enter? Can anyone help me? I did a battery pull and the message disappeared, but I would like to know the best way to handle this in the future. Thanks.
    botax99go likes this.




  2. #2
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    i did some reading and found that:

    If you go to "Manage Connections" then to "Mobile Network Options" and select "Network Techology" to be "1XEV" and not the default "Global" this will fix the SIM error message.

    this is assuming that you are in the US...

  3. #3
    heloguy's Avatar
    heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.732
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    0 times

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    i did some reading and found that:

    If you go to "Manage Connections" then to "Mobile Network Options" and select "Network Techology" to be "1XEV" and not the default "Global" this will fix the SIM error message.

    this is assuming that you are in the US...
    ive had this issue many times as well. unfortunately for me, Laneys fix doesnt work. i keep it set to 1XEV at all times to save battery life. the only thing that works for me is a different OS. hopefully someone knows of a different fix for this.
    it always happens to my boss's phone when i tinker with it.

  4. #4
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
    ive had this issue many times as well. unfortunately for me, Laneys fix doesnt work. i keep it set to 1XEV at all times to save battery life. the only thing that works for me is a different OS. hopefully someone knows of a different fix for this.
    it always happens to my boss's phone when i tinker with it.
    im sorry to hear that, another fix i have read about is taking the SIM card out completely. realistically, if you are not traveling overseas you dont need it.

    i will keep looking though at:

  5. #5
    heloguy's Avatar
    heloguy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.732
    Posts
    175
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    im sorry to hear that, another fix i have read about is taking the SIM card out completely. realistically, if you are not traveling overseas you dont need it.

    i will keep looking though at:
    thanks Laney. i appreciate the help.

  6. #6
    Mustang02's Avatar
    Mustang02 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    PIN
    30F7ADA8
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    179
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I removed my sim card due to this error.

  7. #7
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang02 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I removed my sim card due to this error.
    I am with Mustang on this one. Pulled out my card a long time ago and haven't looked back If you do just be sure to keep it safe and protected in case you ever do need it in the future.

  8. #8
    rcorry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    US
    PIN
    30613e8d
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    BBCrackman V6 w/.90 Radio
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    Had that message while down in DE a couple weeks ago. One boot and it worked, another and it would return that message the moment anything moved via voice or data. Pulled the sim out, cleaned it with a pencil eraser and tightened the sim slot by gently pushing/bending it closer to the pins. Re-inserted and it works great.....pulling the card when you're on AT&T (or T-Mobile) isn't an option!

  9. #9
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Pulled the SIM's out of both my Storm's around the second day I had them....Never gave it another thought.
    Glad to see that you were able to clear up your errors rcorry.
    Last edited by MePascal; 06-10-2009 at 06:40 PM.

  10. #10
    dcswenson's Avatar
    dcswenson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    PIN
    304*****
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    1 times

    Talking Thanks for the Suggestions

    Thanks for the suggestions. They were very helpful. It is refreshing to be able to ask a simple question and get well thought out responses instead of getting flamed. I love this site!

  11. #11
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dcswenso View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. They were very helpful. It is refreshing to be able to ask a simple question and get well thought out responses instead of getting flamed. I love this site!
    Great post dcswenso,
    I'm sure I can speak for everyone here at BBOS in saying we appreciate the opportunity to help. If there's anything we can help with just let us know.....

    ~Michael~
    Last edited by MePascal; 06-11-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •