312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672
    Liked
    1 times

Hot battery (Storm)

I've only had my BB Storm (9530) for 3 weeks. I have started to notice that the back of it gets very hot (not warm, hot.) At first I thought it was the car charger. Today I had been watching tv for over a hour when I took it off my side to my a call. As soon as I touched it I knew this was wrong. I just installed the 114Hybrid today. Before I take it back to the store I wanted to ask if anyone knew if this problem? Could it be the update? Should I uninstall it before I take it back to store?

Suggestions please...

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidersweb View Post
    I've only had my BB Storm (9530) for 3 weeks. I have started to notice that the back of it gets very hot (not warm, hot.) At first I thought it was the car charger. Today I had been watching tv for over a hour when I took it off my side to my a call. As soon as I touched it I knew this was wrong. I just installed the 114Hybrid today. Before I take it back to the store I wanted to ask if anyone knew if this problem? Could it be the update? Should I uninstall it before I take it back to store?

Suggestions please...
    Welcome to BlackBerryOS Spidersweb!!!
    it is not the OS, this is the first I have heard of this issue, I have read somewhere that it will heat up when charging or in heavy use. Not while sitting idle. If you were going to return it, yes, you need to re-install the .75 os. This is the only official release by verizon. If you do not return it to original they will not warranty the device.