Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Device
    OS
    I have the 3rd party backup folder with all the appz backed up BUT the .alx file was over written and only holds info on 4 of my appz. Why this is i have no idea. Anyway i tried to recover in DM but again only the 4 appz come up. I really understand the .zip file instructions. it really seems like i need to rewrite the .alx file somehow. Ahh well i can always start looking for my stuff by loggin into the different sites i use.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternCanuk View Post
    I have the 3rd party backup folder with all the appz backed up BUT the .alx file was over written and only holds info on 4 of my appz. Why this is i have no idea. Anyway i tried to recover in DM but again only the 4 appz come up. I really understand the .zip file instructions. it really seems like i need to rewrite the .alx file somehow. Ahh well i can always start looking for my stuff by loggin into the different sites i use.
    What I was trying to explain to you is when you have a recent back up and then trying to back up again, DM only looks for new/updated apps. Then when you copy the folders over, you overwrite old ones and you lose them. That's why I said, you need to .zip the back up that had 25 apps (previous one), delete the original folder, then back up again and DM will back all of your apps up. Is this confusing? It's hard to explain in writing.

So, if you only have the 4 apps, unfortunately you will have to reinstall all of the others.

Device
    OS
    yup i understand but i've backed up my apps then wiped my phone reloaded only to discover the problem so zipping up the folder and rebacking up will only give the 4 apps again. So yes i agree i'll reload everything thanks everyone for helping though.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    yup i understand but i've backed up my apps then wiped my phone reloaded only to discover the problem so zipping up the folder and rebacking up will only give the 4 apps again. So yes i agree i'll reload everything thanks everyone for helping though.
    Once you load them all, you can delete the back up with the 4 apps, and just back all of them up so you have them just in case...

Device
    OS
    great advice thanks all for the help

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    great advice thanks all for the help
    No problem...the 3rd party app back up/restore process can be frustrating, as RIM has not simplified it yet :banghead: LOL

Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    No problem...the 3rd party app back up/restore process can be frustrating, as RIM has not simplified it yet :banghead: LOL
    i have never really had a problem with this, it always restores my perfectly lol

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    i have never really had a problem with this, it always restores my perfectly lol
    Sometimes it does go whacko...and that's when fun ends

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast